Octy sunroof issue

Just a quick one

Octavia elegance tdi 2002 sunroof -

When sliding open, is it meant to slide fully back into the roof or does it slide back and leave about 2 inches of glass showing.

Just wondered as mine has always just left a couple of inches sticking out. Ive had other electric sunfroofs on cars and they have gone right the way back leaving the whole hole open.......

Anyone got a octy electric sunroof - so they can tell me what their octy roof does ta much appreciated.:rolleyes:

If you turn it to the "open" position, then yes, it leaves a section "sticking out" still. The handbook says this is because it's an ideal position (because of wind noise I guess). If you want it open more, you should be able to turn the dial further (you'll have to hold it, as it's sprung in this section). That should get it almost completely open, although it still leaves it there a bit.

Try it out and you'll see what I mean. (This is on my 2004 Elegance)

I have an 2001 Octy Elegance as well. I know that on tilt, the slide cover is not all the way back, but when it is slide back the cover certainly goes back further and the glass vanishes totally.

On our 2001 Elegance, you can see there are a number of spots around the dial that controls the position of the roof. One near the "fully back" position is larger than the rest and at this position the dial stops. You may turn it further to open the roof the extra inch but it requires fmore force on the dial to do so.

The roof doesnt go all the wya back because when it that position it can create buffeting noises at speed. Vauxhalls also do this and have a button you can press to slide the roof fully back past its intented stop.

Thanks for all your comments - a great help.

My dial turns to the big spot - leaves 2 inches of glass..

Im thinking of giving it a bit more to try to see if it will open it fully but dont want the expense of breaking the damn thing!

Cheers and thanx for all your help:)

Guest Fabia 12v

Big spot (best position for wind) leaves 2" all the way to180 deg on dial opens roof fully, no glass visable.