Phoenix orange

WicklowRs

Hi all, I’m very very close to upgrading from a mk 3.5 RS TDi in black to a mk4 RS TDi in phoenix orange . Fully loaded as an ex demo …. Only problem is the colour 😔 what are people’s thoughts on it ? I’m 98% there . But do you spend that money on something you hope will be happy with 🤔

Unfortunately, opening a new topic for every thought or every question crossing peoples minds, is what makes it difficult for old or new users (such as you) to find what they are interested in... I encourage the confident use of the "Search" function available on the forum.
Good luck with your color choice!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WicklowRs said:

Hi all, I’m very very close to upgrading from a mk 3.5 RS TDi in black to a mk4 RS TDi in phoenix orange . Fully loaded as an ex demo …. Only problem is the colour 😔 what are people’s thoughts on it ? I’m 98% there . But do you spend that money on something you hope will be happy with 🤔

I'll answer it briefly as possible.

1. It's a Marmite colour, you either love it or hate it!

2. Do you like it? 

3. Do you think you can live with it? Especially the morning after!

4. Resale value? Who knows.

5. It stands out like a sore thumb, you have any hassle with Mr Plod or any other nasty piece of work, it's easy to ID you.

• Like 1

So I went to see the car today . And for me the orange with the black accents looks great . Coupled with the fact there is over two year’s manufactures warranty and has only 15k Kim’s on the clock ….. it’s my next purchase. 

will post pics when she arrives 🤟

• Like 4

On 25/11/2023 at 09:05, WicklowRs said:

Do you have a picture of it.  It's very subjective though. If you like it what does it matter what others think.  Resale value may matter in the end i guess it depends. 

This is a fashion hue taken on board for a model year or two before being replaced by another in vogue shade or a more stable colour.

The likes of BMW (Valencia Orange), Ford (for their previous Ranger pick up) and Nissan (350Z) have all had it in their colour palettes at one time or another recently.

As said by a previous poster, if it floats your boat, go for it!

Resale will not be impacted much as with the majority of cars being finished in white, black, silver or grey these days, those looking for something different will pick your car up if it has been properly maintained.

I wish Skoda Australia would offer Phoenix Orange or Royal Green on the Octavia's here. I love the Royal Green.

Currently, you can get Phoenix Orange on the Fabia, Kamiq, and Karoq. Funnily enough you can only get the Phoenix Orange on non-Monte Carlo Kamiq's - although two arrived by mistake in 2022.

In my opinion I think that Phoenix Orange only looks good on the RS and Monte Carlo models. You need the black accents to make the orange pop.

Edited by aaaaplay
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 28/11/2023 at 02:48, aaaaplay said:

I wish Skoda Australia would offer Phoenix Orange or Royal Green on the Octavia's here. I love the Royal Green.

Currently, you can get Phoenix Orange on the Fabia, Kamiq, and Karoq. Funnily enough you can only get the Phoenix Orange on non-Monte Carlo Kamiq's - although two arrived by mistake in 2022.

In my opinion I think that Phoenix Orange only looks good on the RS and Monte Carlo models. You need the black accents to make the orange pop.

Totally agree, the black sets the orange off . First things to be done will be an all black number plate surround and a black front badge