2015 280 Low Coolant

Well in tomorrow and coolant still exactly where it was when I topped it up so god knows .... It was def coolant underneath and the level had definitely just dropped  I check it weekly it had only been serviced in October and not budged in 8 years....

16 hours ago, Bensupreme said:

Same thing happened to me when water pump went, lost a lot once, then virtually nothing for 3 weeks whilst I waited for it to get changed. 

How did they diagnose ? Pressure test ? 

16 minutes ago, Bensupreme said:

I don't think any test needed, reputation and loud squealing coming from the pump was enough I reckon.

Ahhh right 😆Mines quiet as a church mouse !

6 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Home on the sodding bus !

Thoughts and prayers 😆

(I'm also following this with interest as I've had to top up twice with a total of 400ml since January but I've not tried crawling around underneath yet to look).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, unclerichy said:

Thoughts and prayers 😆

(I'm also following this with interest as I've had to top up twice with a total of 400ml since January but I've not tried crawling around underneath yet to look).

😆 I’m good at crawling … Made home on the bus it was like a mobile version of the Cantina from Star Wars.

Good news it's under warranty! Maybe have a chat with them about replacing the timing belt whilst they're at it, I can't recall the mileage on your car and they've recently relaxed the guidance on intervals but could be worthwhile.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bensupreme said:

Good news it's under warranty! Maybe have a chat with them about replacing the timing belt whilst they're at it, I can't recall the mileage on your car and they've recently relaxed the guidance on intervals but could be worthwhile.

Its a chain on the EA888

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Apparently around 1300 quid including vat.

Covered by warranty <phew> !

How much???? 1300 is a stupid amount. 

If I do the job for people using all genuine parts including water pump, thermostat, cotton reel tube, coolant, bolts - I charge the following:

£500 parts and £320 labour.

And if they want the coolant bottle replaced with a non silikat bag one its an extra £30.

So all in its £820 or £850 using genuine parts. Cheaper if they want aftermarket. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

If I do the job for people using all genuine parts including water pump, thermostat, cotton reel tube, coolant, bolts - I charge the following:

And if they want the coolant bottle replaced with a non silikat bag one its an extra £30.

So all in its £820 or £850 using genuine parts. Cheaper if they want aftermarket. 

Main dealers are always more expensive I guess if I didn't have a warranty I would be shopping around or driving down to see you 😆

21 hours ago, ApertureS said:

If mine ever gives up the ghost, expect a PM...😆

• Haha 1