Current Map Version / Navigation Database Number?

spcdust

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

You can check on the Update Portal, simply enter your VIN and search

BTW, this info is in several different places on this forum? Why do users keep opening new topics for every single question, without using the "Search" function on the Forum?
The last few weeks a few dozen new topics were opened for stuff that are already discussed on existing topics. This fragmentation of the same problem on several different topics makes it difficult for users to find what they're looking for...
No ADMIN around here to clean up the mess?

1 minute ago, SkOmk4 said:

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

You can check on the Update Portal, simply enter your VIN and search

BTW, this info is in several different places on this forum? Why do users keep opening new topics for every single question, without using the "Search" function on the Forum?
The last few weeks a few dozen new topics were opened for stuff that are already discussed on existing topics. This fragmentation of the same problem on several different topics makes it difficult for users to find what they're looking for...
No ADMIN around here to clean up the mess?

I had already checked the portal, which I had gleaned from searching the group, and had the following info

"ECE 2023 Valid Since CW 45/2023"

The way Skoda present the version number is slightly off compared to the way the Infotainment system does - unless 45/2023 is the current version which doesn't sound entirely correct but maybe it is hence the query?

As far as repeat posts - I have used forums for years and that's just the way they work - we are imperfect humans and whilst searching gives results sometimes you just want a very specific question answered that doesn't get lost in a multiple posts thread,  There are always new members joining on a daily basis and the same questions will inevitably come up repeatedly.  Indeed, the longer you are a forum member the more aware of this you are but for a new member they are reaching out to solve a particular issue that is new to them  Honestly, I wouldn't let it bother you as it's all information that will come up when member searches the group - I actually find it useful bouncing between different threads discussing the same / similar topic as often different perspective get revealed.

5 minutes ago, spcdust said:

"ECE 2023 Valid Since CW 45/2023"

Yep, that's the one, which means released November.2023, which is actually inline with what your infotainment is displaying: 23.11

offtopic:
Ok, just to be clear: I'm not planning to upset or offend anyone here, I'm just saying it's complicating the life (and search process) for new users around here while they're looking for a piece of info. That's why there's a rule concerning this very point: one may check "Rules", No.5, "new Threads".

4 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Yep, that's the one, which means released November.2023, which is actually inline with what your infotainment is displaying: 23.11

offtopic:
Ok, just to be clear: I'm not planning to upset or offend anyone here, I'm just saying it's complicating the life (and search process) for new users around here while they're looking for a piece of info. That's why there's a rule concerning this very point: one may check "Rules", No.5, "new Threads".

Maybe my perception skills aren't reading the Skoda Portal correctly but how does "ECE 2023 Valid Since CW 45/2023" correlate with what the Infotainment system reports - which is  "23.11" or November 2023?  Apologies if I am being completely stupid on this one (which could be the case, it's been a long week) but I would have thought the portal would also say "23.11" making it totally clear?

1 minute ago, Psaandja said:

Might make sense if CW 45 is decoded as Calendar week 45 - 7th November?

There you have it, it was staring me straight in my eyes.

CW = calendar Week which is 7th November 2023.  Sometime you can't see the wood for the trees.

Many thanks for highlighting this for me - useful going forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djmartzian said:

@spcdust, You can find all the details about the offline update for the navigation database in the thread below:

Cheers

Thanks - currently getting OTA updates as must be a subscription linked to the car from the previous owner.  That expires in February and I likely won't renew and start doing them manually from that point as I generally use Tom Tom Go via CarPlay (I like the speed camera database).

• Like 1