DAB radio issues

Peej89

Hey folks, 

Apologies for another duplicated topic on this issue..... Admins feel free to move this thread into the large collection of Radio issues.

I recently bought a Skoda Karoq SE Tech 2020 for my ever growing family and it has been great! Not a fan of SUVs but it likes driving a large comfy mattress. I digress, I have noticed that the DAB signal for the digital stations (like Absolute radio) is shocking. Works fine with BBC radio stations as it can switch to FM bands, but my previous cars (Audi, VW) never had this issue before.

I've seen in previous threads that a software update might be the way forward - or even a signal booster - or to take it in to a mechanic to see. Personally, I feel that the antenna work fine but could be the software of the Amundsen system I have?

The software version I have is MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0478T - does anyone know if there are more updated versions for this system? And how could I acquire one without having to go to a dealership (I don't have enough time to with kids and drop offs etc).

• 4 weeks later...

Lonely forum for me.....

Anyways found a source for MIB firmware updates - follow Mr Fix on Youtube ;)

Used an ODB scanner and found an error code B127013 - Impedance Converter for DAB radio 1 - Open circuit.

Removed tailgate trim to locate DAB antenna amplifier. Replaced unit 5E5035577B from breaker on eBay - managed to find a brand new genuine part for £25. 

All fixed now. Relatively easy - once your confident in removing trim (don't be scared of the clicks or worry about break the trim itself). 

• Like 3

I have only had the Karoq for 11 days 

When setting the favourites on the wireless I picked the DAB versions of the stations I like to listen to.  Reception has been (or had, see below)  rock solid and crystal clear.

Turned on the rear screen heater a couple of days ago and it was like listening to MC Norman Collier 🤘

Turned it off.  Clear as a bell again