Shuddering and vibration from 50 mph

I am experiencing shuddering  / vibrating once I hit 50 mph and continues to 70 mph then fades out. I have had all wheels balanced but the shuddering is still there. The MOT was done in the summer with advisories about 2 of the wheels being slightly distorted yet the shuddering was not evident back then, it started about 2 months ago after I hit a pothole. I booked it in today to have the 2 wheels checked / repaired but was told 1 of the wheels can't be repaired due to being buckled (I was shown this on the balancing machine where you can see the wheel moves left to right ever so slightly) and the other is so slightly damaged that attempting to straighten it would damage the wheel.

I have 19" Vega alloys and looking like I now need to replace 1 of them to get rid of the shuddering, but the cost of 1 wheel looks to be very expensive.

Have looked at a new set of wheels but wanted advice on should I replace the 1 buckled wheel or replace all 4?

What wheels do you Briskodian's recommend? and if I go to the trouble of replacing the wheel(s) and the shuddering is still there what else could it be?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by the_wiley
Missing thanks

On 22/12/2023 at 23:36, Warrior193 said:

Have you had the wheel alignment checked, are there signs of unusual tyre wear?

Was it a front wheel that was damaged?

Wheel alignment was done last year, there are no signs of unusual tyre wear.

The front offside wheel is the buckled wheel, with the nearside rear being the slightly damaged one.

On 23/12/2023 at 00:10, Danoid said:

Have a look at the vega wheels on the accessory brochure, usually much cheaper if you rang your local Škoda dealership and asked them for the price

Thanks will take a look.

Just now, the_wiley said:

Wheel alignment was done last year, there are no signs of unusual tyre wear.

The front offside wheel is the buckled wheel, with the nearside rear being the slightly damaged one.

Thanks will take a look.

Have been looking at some Audi twin spoke alloys I quite like but just need to check the specs.

I had a 19´´ rim damaged by a pothole: a 8mm ‘dent’.

However it has been repaired successfully and brought back into the tolerances (+/- 0.5mm) for €120.

May be worth to have it repaired. I fear 4 rims will be way more expensive,  but it will be the price for a full peace of mind, I agree.

The wheel repair place I took it to refused to repair due to the buckle. They showed me the wheel on the balancing machine and you could see it  move right left ever so slightly.

They did not check all 4 wheels, only the 2 with MOT advisories, although I suspect 1 of the other 2 wheels might need repairing.

I think I will take it elsewhere for a second opinion.