What’s this part please?

MrSissons

Hi all, 

I am trying to figure out what this part is, I found a parts drawing which states it’s as impulse sender and when searching impulse sender it comes up camshaft sensor. 

Part number is 11G0368. Car is 60hp 1.2 htp.

Also assume this is source of oil leak. 

Thanks

IMG_8242.jpeg

58 minutes ago, MrSissons said:

am trying to figure out what this part is,

I believe it's one of these:

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/03d907601a-camshaft-speed-sensor-hella-44631.html

Initially the oil leak, when cleaning this part it always come up oiley again so suspect the o ring has gone but every now and again the EML light comes on and the error code was camshaft position related.. can’t recall code mind. 

On a separate point, my recent MOT advises “ slight leak at front flex pipe”, slight leak at 2nd exhaust joint” and “rear silencer corroded”. Found various posts for the front flex repair but this sounds like a whole new exhaust might be somewhat easier?

Thanks

On 24/12/2023 at 21:51, MrSissons said:

Initially the oil leak, when cleaning this part it always come up oiley again so suspect the o ring has gone but every now and again the EML light comes on and the error code was camshaft position related.. can’t recall code mind. 

On a separate point, my recent MOT advises “ slight leak at front flex pipe”, slight leak at 2nd exhaust joint” and “rear silencer corroded”. Found various posts for the front flex repair but this sounds like a whole new exhaust might be somewhat easier?

Thanks

Hope you had a merry Christmas guys! 

Was thinking, if I do need a full exhaust replacement would a VRS exhaust fit on?

No, that will be different pipe diameters throughout.

Slight leaks, and corrosion on outer skin of back box are simply not worth attention. Most parts that you might replace with will probably fail sooner than what you have.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

4 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

No, that will be different pipe diameters throughout.

Slight leaks, and corrosion on outer skin of back box are simply not worth attention. Most parts that you might replace with will probably fail sooner than what you have.

Thanks Breezy, just saved me an exhaust! 

Is it worth trying to clean up corrosion and treat / seal with putty or simply just ignore altogether.