Skoda kamiq 1798 version install failed

Yaki1412

Cannot send the SW as they weight high over the 10M allowed. 

This is the source I have used https://disk.yandex.ru/d/1V1uBTc8ssc3zA

I am  an experienced tech - so I guess I did the download & unzip well. 

It also worked fine to me when I upgraded from 0469 to 0741.

Troubles appeared only after the next upgrade trial: from  0741 to 1798. Then system shows it is on 1798 but with error. 

Now, although all versions still exist on the USB stick- the install shield "ignore" now from 0741 & 0742. And "shows" only 1790, 1798 and 1800.
Yet, trying to install any one of these 3 versions ends with the same error:  seems that something went wrong with install of the tunerDB. And systems stick to last SW version installed (1798)

yes, you did not know that Sw741 is an incomplete / transition SW .... and that you should have installed SW742 after 741...

try to install again 1800, but skip the DAB. Anyway you have a brick MIB... 

Edited by andreiro221

Same problem: 1800 is failed. Although pressed Skip on the DAB error - it  is not realy skipped and installation fails again on TunerDB. There is also an Abort option which asks me if I want to Abort a spcific device or simpley Abort the whole process. Yet only the abort of the whole is supported. No way to just turn off DAB error or skip it.

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Hey there. I have a 2021 Scoda with Bolero infotainment system and I was able to do an update to 1798 using this file MEN3_EU_SK370_P3225L_1798.

Everything seems to work although I still have an issue that sometimes when my s23ultra connects it disables the cruise control. I was hoping the update would fix this, but unfortunately no. If the cruise control shows the yellow Cruise Control unavailable icon on the dash I sometimes can change that by teurning of the engine and starting it again and not touching anything on the Bolero regarding Android Auto. Not sure why this is.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone seems to be missing the point, it shouldn’t be up to us to navigate a successful update, it should be as straightforward as pressing a button and letting it do its thing.  We pay a lot of money for our cars, and to have the added stress of worrying about an update should not be a thing.

Put it this way, if it was me and I was unable to successfully update the system I’d be straight to my dealer demanding that they sort it out, and I certainly wouldn’t be trolling the internet for which update is current and whether I should update to the previous version first.

This is why car manufacturers get away with things like this, because they know the average person will move heaven and earth to resolve a problem before bothering them.  Not me, why should I?

• Like 1