ACC & Front Assist warnings

Sometimes when I start the car  (Octy3 my2016) I get warnings about ACC and Front Assist however car behaves and drives normally. See photos.

Do I need to be concerned or is that normal. Usually happens immediately after a cold start.

Thanks Bob

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

Having used a code reader, there were a couple of stored codes relating to low battery. The car has never failed to start or indeed been slow to turn over but I've given the battery a charge after several cold start low mileage trips and cleared the low voltage codes.

No further problems since. Battery is  8+ years old so might need a periodic charge to keep it going longer.

Bob

Sounds like the battery is beginning to flake out on you.  Batteries tend to get flaky after about 5 years.  If the battery cannot keep up, then you will start getting loads of CANBUS error messages.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2016 Octavia Scout, I removed battery other night, thought i finish off work in morning, (gear shift adjustment), when reconnected battery , had a few warning messages, they cleared themselves, except for now ACC and front assist not available, these were working before disconnecting battery, have tried all youtube tricks, but to no avail, also tried clearing faults with a launch x435 reader, clears, but immediately comes back, looking further into it, launch says i need access permission, not confident in going deeper, do i need it to be cleared with VCDS, and if so anyone have vcds northside of brisbane?

8 hours ago, Peter54 said:

I have a 2016 Octavia Scout, I removed battery other night, thought i finish off work in morning, (gear shift adjustment), when reconnected battery , had a few warning messages, they cleared themselves, except for now ACC and front assist not available, these were working before disconnecting battery, have tried all youtube tricks, but to no avail, also tried clearing faults with a launch x435 reader, clears, but immediately comes back, looking further into it, launch says i need access permission, not confident in going deeper, do i need it to be cleared with VCDS, and if so anyone have vcds northside of brisbane?

What fault code is it recording with the scan? Normally a temporary error that upsets front assist and acc will allow it to be used after a key cycle. 

Have you tried tuning it back on - not sure about the Octy but in my golf there is a button on the steering wheel which turns ACC on and off and I occasionally find I have pressed the button unintentionally and I get the same message - just press again and it turns back on.

2 hours ago, TheClient said:

What fault code is it recording with the scan? Normally a temporary error that upsets front assist and acc will allow it to be used after a key cycle. 

Will check tomorrow what code comes up, thanks for response

32 minutes ago, octavia5 said:

Have you tried tuning it back on - not sure about the Octy but in my golf there is a button on the steering wheel which turns ACC on and off and I occasionally find I have pressed the button unintentionally and I get the same message - just press again and it turns back on.

Yes have turned on and off thru maxidot as well as the media centre unfortunately as soon as on, acc unavailable, thanks for the response

5 hours ago, Peter54 said:

Yes have turned on and off thru maxidot as well as the media centre unfortunately as soon as on, acc unavailable, thanks for the response

You could try disconnecting the power to vehicle again for an 1hour or more. It's a long shot though.

The thing with ACC / front assist unavailable errors, is it can be the unit itself or, as I've experienced many times, any small engine fault, even where it is not noticeable driving, the car will disable assist. There is the third possibility, it is just having a hissy fit, but switching off the car always resolves hissy fits in my experience.