Glove Box Removal

H Folks - first time post from me.  Apologies if this duplicates something else but nothing showed up on my search.

I recently took delivery of a (new to me) 2020 Octavia but after about 1 month it's begun to smell of old cigarette smoke.  I've got various remedies underway but one of the things I wanted to do was change the cabin filter.  There's a few YouTube videos out there with different methods but I found that this one worked really well and I had the whole job done in about 5 minutes.  I would say if you have fat fingers it may not be the easiest, but I'm sure pushing down the damper bar with a screwdriver would also work.  Hope it's useful.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Octavianesque said:

H Folks - first time post from me.  Apologies if this duplicates something else but nothing showed up on my search.

I recently took delivery of a (new to me) 2020 Octavia but after about 1 month it's begun to smell of old cigarette smoke.  I've got various remedies underway but one of the things I wanted to do was change the cabin filter.  There's a few YouTube videos out there with different methods but I found that this one worked really well and I had the whole job done in about 5 minutes.  I would say if you have fat fingers it may not be the easiest, but I'm sure pushing down the damper bar with a screwdriver would also work.  Hope it's useful.

I found the most difficult bit was getting damper arm to stay in the correct angle while getting compartment into position. I think I resorted to using a strip of gaffa tape over the pivot in the end.

• Like 4

You would be amazed how many cabin airfilters need replacing.  Needs to be done every 10k miles IMHO.  Re: glovebox.  Its easy....just extend the dampening to the maximum length and clip it back-in.  Takes practice, so gaffa tape or anything else needed.

• Like 2

I just used a long screwdriver to clip the damper back into place. Was easier for me. Also the side panel on the dash can be removed to make things easier.

• Like 2

Its a very easy job, took mine out yesterday to replace my 12v power socket fuse, as I wanted to put some air within my tyres. I also managed to unhook the damper arm and put it back on again without taking the side panel off. Just need a long narrow screwdriver to do so. I also hooked the damper arm on fully extended, prior to pushing the bottom clips in. You can fit the screwdriver down the left-hand side of the glove box whilst its open to unhook it. Once the glovebox is out you can see the pollen filter cover at the right hand side. 

Maybe I just got lucky with my technique lol.

Edited by Phoenixboy
  • Like 2