Skoda kodiaq sportline door

Hello everyone 

I need some advice or help please.

I have a skoda kodiaq sportline 2019 7 seater. The rear passenger door has been damaged and I wanted to change the door. I can't really find a replacement unless I go to the dealer. I did find someone selling a door which is the right colour but is from a skoda karoq which looks exactly the same as the kodiaqs door. Does anyone know if it will fit i have attached a photo of the karoqs door that i was looking at. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Screenshot_20240111_185534_eBay.jpg

• Confused 1

As above I'm pretty certain the Kodiaq door is much longer and a different profile 

5 hours ago, skomaz said:

As above I'm pretty certain the Kodiaq door is much longer and a different profile 

Only pretty certain?  :D     No prizes for spot the difference here.

karoqreardoor.JPG.6c7766c5e5ac288a946ae9ec0e2c1c6d.JPGKodiaqreardoorJPG.JPG.1cec4d79e05554981316214dd0269a22.JPG

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

I can't make out the damage.  Looks not too serious.

The OP posted a picture of a Karoq door - not his damaged Kodiaq door…

Hello guys sorry for late response I will show you a picture of the damage.  I have been looking around for the door but unable to find the right colour. I know it will be pretty difficult to find the exact colour. I have uploaded a picture of the damage20240106_142842(0).thumb.jpg.7b0d437ee7603cf69ec5f480b9fcbc4c.jpg20240106_142840.thumb.jpg.edcdf2191ad64f2aa8e3e5016b9fd3b8.jpg

I agree, it's a new door. But even if you did find a Kodiaq door in that colour, with the car being 4years old, would the colour match?

A door respray isn't going to add that much on to the repair bill. The trim is also damaged so that'll have to be replaced / repainted in any case.

I assume it's a 'fault' claim hence you're choosing not to involve the insurance?

20 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

I agree, it's a new door. But even if you did find a Kodiaq door in that colour, with the car being 4years old, would the colour match?

A door respray isn't going to add that much on to the repair bill. The trim is also damaged so that'll have to be replaced / repainted in any case.

I assume it's a 'fault' claim hence you're choosing not to involve the insurance?

No my wife didn't see a bollard and reversed into it. It is what it is needs to be fixed now 😆 

You might be surprised how a same colour door from off another Kodiaq won’t match the colour of your Kodiaq, despite being the same colour, if that makes sense.

It’ll probably be easier and ultimately a better match if you find any coloured door and have it painted and blended to match your car.

There’s a brand new one on eBay for £300, item number 186165063629.

• Thanks 1