Spare Wheel conformity?

Hi Briskoda experts

I'm changing my 2020 Octavia Se Drive 150 for a new Kamiq Se Drive 150 this week.

I hope to keep my Octavia spare wheel kit (never used) for the new Kamiq - and put the non- spare kit (inflation etc.) in the Kamiq into my old Octavia.

Any problems with this plan?

Why no section for the Kamiq yet?

Dave

If I may, could you share with me the parts numbers and maybe some pictures on how the spare wheel is mounted in Octavia? I have mine with the repair kit and would like to buy the spare set, any idea what size wheel fits there? Full sized wheel or maybe just the emergency use one? Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, s3bek said:

If I may, could you share with me the parts numbers and maybe some pictures on how the spare wheel is mounted in Octavia? I have mine with the repair kit and would like to buy the spare set, any idea what size wheel fits there? Full sized wheel or maybe just the emergency use one? Thank you in advance.

This foam and jack kit is listed on "skoda eshop cz". You should be able to order it from a VAG parts department in the UK if you give them the OEM part number, ie. 5E3093860B.

This kit includes everything except for the actual spare wheel.

A 125/70R18 3.5Jx18 ET25.5 5/112 57.1 space saver spare wheel would fit, but it's worth trying to see if a full size wheel would fit such as a 205/60R16 6.5Jx16 ET46 5/112 57.1.

You might find the below chart useful. If the 215mm actual width of the 205/60R16 fitted to a 6.5J rim is a little wide, then a non-standard 195/65R16 fitted to a 6J rim is 14mm narrower, ie. 201mm.

201mm is still a lot wider than a 125/70R18 space saver tyre, so you will have to use trial and error to see if you can get anything close to a full size spare wheel to fit in the spare wheel well with the carpet flush.

Actual inflated width of tyre (measured from the outside of sidewall to the outside of sidewall)

195/65R16 fitted to 6J rim 201mm (perhaps the 6Jx16 ET43 5/112 57.1 steel rim from the Karoq) (non-standard option)

205/60R16 fitted to 6.5J rim 215mm

205/55R17 fitted to 6.5J rim 214mm

205/55R17 fitted to 7J rim 220mm

Foam and jack kit for Octavia MK4 5E3093860B (1599CZK is about £55.33)

18" Spare Wheel Replacement Kit

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/cs_CZ/sada-pro-vymenu-rezervniho-kola-18/p/5E3093860B

Edited by Carlston
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2024 at 14:51, VRSx3dave said:

Hi Briskoda experts

I'm changing my 2020 Octavia Se Drive 150 for a new Kamiq Se Drive 150 this week.

I hope to keep my Octavia spare wheel kit (never used) for the new Kamiq - and put the non- spare kit (inflation etc.) in the Kamiq into my old Octavia.

Any problems with this plan?

Why no section for the Kamiq yet?

Dave

Kamiq is 5x100 whereas Octavia is 5x112. So wheels not interchangeable.