Windscreen wipers.

Can anyone suggest a decent set of wipers and source for the Kodiaq.

Four month old L&K and the wipers are rubbish.

I have not spoken to the Dealer as i am sure they will say that they are a consumable item and not covered by warranty.

Edited by Techguy

Just get Bosch Aerotwins they work great and are far better than OE ones

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

Bosch Aerotwin Plus AP26U

Bosch Aerotwin Plus AP21U

Just notice Bosch driver`s wiper is 2 cm taller than the original, but works great.

14 minutes ago, linni said:

Bosch Aerotwin Plus AP26U

Bosch Aerotwin Plus AP21U

Just notice Bosch driver`s wiper is 2 cm taller than the original, but works great.

RHD Kodiaq’s here in the UK have a 25” blade on the drivers side and 21” blade on the passenger side from the factory.

Bosch recommends AP24U and AP21U and that’s what I’ve fitted to my previous and current Kodiaq.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

RHD Kodiaq’s here in the UK have a 25” blade on the drivers side and 21” blade on the passenger side from the factory.

Bosch recommends AP24U and AP21U and that’s what I’ve fitted to my previous and current Kodiaq.

Yes, the same here, 25" for driver`s side. However this size is available only from Skoda, so the options are 24" or 26". I find 26" clears more of the surface of the windscreen. Been using them for years.

P.S. Bosch wipers work excellent in frost. The original ones tend to freeze, become stiff (even if you clean them or work with anti ice stuff) and degrees below 5 celsius do not work at all. Engineering fault - too many tiny channels which gather moisture / ice.

Edited by linni
  • Like 2

Make sure they are Bosch Aérotwin because they also sell Bosch branded standard Chinese tat wiper blades for those who think the Aérotwins are too expensive, they are as sh1te as any other cheap wiper blade.

Smart move by Bosch though and something that many other premium brands also do, rather than lose a sale they make even more money selling tat for an inflated price because of their name.

• Like 1

I probably would never have stumped up the money for them but they were already on my Yeti, I dont know for how long but I have used them for a further 3 years and 50K miles and they are still in great shape so worth the extra investment.

For when they do wear out I bought a length of Bosch Aérotwin profile rubber from an Ebay seller to recon them, I'm not expecting it to be as good as the original but who knows?

• Like 1

My Bosch A298S twin pack arrived today. 600mm + 500mm.

£22.18 from eBay seller.  Posted promptly from Enniskillen.

Halfords online show £25.99

• Like 1