Android Auto

Hi everyone,

I realised there is no dedicated forum on Android Auto issues so I decided to create one.

My problem specifically is that both wired and wireless Android Auto connection does not seem to work.

The phone states that it's connected but when I click on the "app" on the Columbus infotainment screen, the standard Smartlink screen shows up and nothing else happens.

My phone refreshes the screen a few times but that's about it.

Anyone similair experiences or any potential fixes?

Thanks,

You did not provide sufficient informations.

What's the infotainment unit? There are multiple generations in Superb.

Did you try another cable?

Did you try another phone?

Did you try factory resetting the infotainment?

Did you try updating the infotainment software?

As komoornik has insunuated - have you tried a data cable, rather than a normal cable?

I have the Columbus in my superb and won't work with a normal cable, but perfect with a data cable.

Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated

What's the infotainment unit? There are multiple generations in Superb.  Columbus

Did you try another cable? Yes several including the one that used to work previously with the wired connection and the one that came with AAwireless

Did you try another phone? Yes

Did you try factory resetting the infotainment? Yes

Did you try updating the infotainment software? Not yet, will try this now to see if that might help

@WanderingDutch - there r multiple versions of "Columbus".

Wat is critical is the MIB unit.

Sounds like u have MIB3 unit, which was introduced with the facelift Superbs.

U'll find most the people with issues have the MIB3  (Columbus) unit.

U'll also find it's not just Android Auto issues, but broader infotainment issues.

The issues r also found in other models such as the Octavia, Kodiaq etc. etc. with the same MIB3 Columbus unit.

Those with MIB2 (Columbus) or MIB2.5 (Columbus) do not have issues with Android Auto, usually.

If they do, it's cable or phone related.

It is also important to realise that only MIB3 units r capable of wireless Android Auto and CarPlay, built-in.

The MIB2/2.5 units can only do wired Android Auto and CarPlay.

However adding a dongle such as AAWireless, Motorola MA1, OttoCast etc. etc. will allow wireless connectivity.

I have been using AAWireless with my MIB2 Columbus unit for many years now with no issues with connectivity or quality.

Edited by JR RS

At the moment neither wired nor wireless is working. I did some further digging and I cannot exclude the possibility that it's a phone (Galaxy Fold 4) issue, as the phone says it's connected and refreshes the screen continuously but the car unit does not change. Adding some screenshots of my infotainment unit and the screenshot of my phone if that is helpful for anyone.

Screenshot_20240119_083610_One UI Home.jpg

20240119_183300.jpg