I am back for more. This time buying advice please.

gwu

Hi All,

I sold my 2015 Superb Diesel DSG Estate 2 months ago. I bought it from new. It has proven to be a great and reliable car. I loved it. The only reason to sell it:  Euro 5 and not 6 and I live within the M25 extended Ulez zone. I would love to buy another Superb Diesel Estate. Perhaps a secondhand 2ltr 150bhp version from 2019 onwards. Just wondering if anyone has any issue with this particular model? When I sold my Superb privately, I was asked many questions including if and when the DSG gearbox oil was last changed, fan belt last changed etc. I would be grateful if the knowledgeable among us could tell me what I should look out for when looking for a second Superb diesel from 2019 or newer. Are they more or less reliable than my old Superb? Known faults, recalls, service interval, DSG gearbox sealed or change intervals, and fan belt replacement interval are the items I am interested in before seeing a car. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Kind Regards,

Gilbert

Couple of things:

1. within the M25 extended Ulez zone << that doesn't exist. ULEZ covers all the London boroughs and does not extend all the way out to the M25

2. The Superb 3V, late 2015 onwards, should be Euro6 compliant.

• Like 2

A 2.0 TSI or TDI will not come with a 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG with no Servicing / Oil Changes,

so if a 7 Speed Wet Clutch DSG & it is a DQ381 the Oil changes (& filter even though VW say no filter) is at 80,000 miles.  But anyone might not want to leave it till that many miles.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

Couple of things:

1. within the M25 extended Ulez zone << that doesn't exist. ULEZ covers all the London boroughs and does not extend all the way out to the M25

2. The Superb 3V, late 2015 onwards, should be Euro6 compliant.

Many Thanks for the clarification. Sorry, I am in one of the London boroughs which is almost touching the M25 but 4 miles away.

Edited by gwu

13 minutes ago, Rooted said:

A 2.0 TSI or TDI will not come with a 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG with no Servicing / Oil Changes,

so if a 7 Speed Wet Clutch DSG & it is a DQ381 the Oil changes (& filter even though VW say no filter) is at 80,000 miles.  But anyone might not want to leave it till that many miles.

Many Thanks for the info. How about the cam belt (I said fan belt by mistake) replacement interval? Also looking at a 3 years example with 20k miles after the previous service. Has Skoda extended its service intervals? Something like a dynamic service interval?

• 2 months later...

Thank you for all the kind responses. I finally bought a 6 months old Superb SE L Diesel 150HP DSG in metallic grey with 6 thousand miles on the clock from a francise dealer. Good price. More gadgets. They are not the most important things to me though so I am happy that the passenger seat has mechanical adjustment. Do like the adaptive cruise control and better fuel economy. In the past, I just used the 12v socket for my dashcam in my old Superb. I have to unplug it every time I turned the engine off so as not to drain the battery.  With the new Superb, I would like to hard wire it in with a fuse splitter. I am just wondering which is the best fuse to use in the fuse box which would allows the dash cam to turn off when the engine is off?  Any advice from someone who has done it would be much appreciated. Perhaps I should post a new thread for this technical issue. Thank You. 

Many Thanks Petrolcan for the information. Will take some photos of the new Superb when the sun comes out (I am not holding my breath since I am in London as well).

• Love it! 1