Infotainment boot loop

illdoit2morrow

The infotainment system on my 2018 Karoq is displaying some sort of boot loop, I never gets to the infotainment system screen.

The 'Welcome to Skoda' flash screen appear appears for about 15 seconds and then the screen goes blank. This happens repeatedly. There is a starting navigation message appearing on the dashboard that only disappears when the infotainment system reboots.

There is a reversing camera on the car which still works on the infotainment screen. 

Plugging my phone in doesn't do anything to help. 

There is a cd player in the glove box but using that doesn't appear to do anything.

Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to sort it out? I don't fancy an expensive infotainment replacement for a six year old car.

The way to restart the unit is to press and hold the volume button for around 15 seconds. Are you sure it's not stuck?

If that doesn't help, you could try disconnecting the battery for a few mins. This will throw up some error messages but clears after driving. The StartStop will work after second start.