Karoq 1.6 TDI DSG Cam belt interval changed to 140K Miles ??

dbayman

My Skoda Dealer has just informed me  "Skoda used to recommend the timing belt was replaced on cars at 5 years , since June last year they changed their policy and it is now due at 140k miles only. Some customers still like to get it replaced at the 5 year period but it is entirely up to your own preference."

This seems to be in line with what VW and other parts of the VAG group recommend.

I seem to remember a few years ago the time/milage interval varied from region to region looks like they have standarised now.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I called Skoda today to book my 1.5 DSG in for its 5-year service, and they also informed me that it’s now recommended to change it after 140K miles. It was a very pleasant surprise, considering it’s only done a very low mileage

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Does that (recent)? statement of 140K miles for Timing Belt replacement interval refer to Just Petrol, or both Petrol and Diesel?

I can see that Ootohere has asked the same question...

The TDi Timing Belt also drives the Water pump, whereas with the 1.4 & 1.5 TSi the Timing belt is separate from the Water pump.

Might this have anything to do with this new statement or is it irrelevant?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ootohere said:

It would have to be referring to 1.6 TDI,s if the person being told by someone that knows anything that it is 140,000 miles because the TPI is 180,000 miles. 

Many thanks for the above Ootohere. I'm feeling a bit miffed now as I'd very recently booked my 100K 1.6TDi in for a Timing Belt replacement at my local independent. They never mentioned this new policy to me 😢

Overkill for sure, but I tend to do it for peace of mind with all new (second hand) cars which I buy.

Guess I should have dived into this forum more beforehand...