Superb IV Departure time set up query

Hello!  Apologies for noob questions, I have tried to search for the answers.

I picked up my 21 plate Superb IV yesterday.
I actually got it to charge overnight on a low tariff rate using the charge schedule in the car.  I am using a Masterplug 13A charger.
I'll use a Tapo P110 smart plug soon so I can remotely see if the car is charging..... just for interest.

My question relates to thr Departure time.  I assume this function allows heating/cooling before departure for a predetermined period.

Can this be set up in the car or does this require the MySkoda app?  
The Care Connect - Remote Access has expired and so I would need to fork out £36 for one year's subscription.

I'm very chuffed to have got the car to charge but setting the departure time temperature conditioning would be great.
Is the Remote Access really worrh it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 1

You can set heating/cooling departure time in the car.

Go to e-manager. Click settings cog. Set the temperature you want by clicking on air conditioning.

Go back one screen, touch a plan on the left.

Now you set the time you want it be ready, and you will also see an option for air conditioning as well as charging and another to tell it when your off peak tariff is.

So just click on air conditioning there if you want it pre warmed or cooled at your departure time, as well as being charged to whatever percentage charge you have chosen.

Hope that makes sense!

• Like 2

Hi Crankcase!

Thanks so much for this info, it was exactly what I was after.

I am very embarrassed to report that I was on this screen a number of times yesterday to change other parameter! DOH.

I have man flu so that is my only excuse 😁

My next question was going to be how to adjust the time for this function, unless it is fixed, but I assume the car works this out itself based on desired and ambient temperatures.

Thanks again for your help.  I'm sure I'll have lots more daft questions  :)

Cheers

David.

Don't think you can adjust the time. It works it out by itself. 

One of the things remote access gives you is the ability to turn on preconditioning at will, as well as create departure times etc. we use that at the supermarket checkout, by the time you're paid and back up the carpark it's warm/cool.

Remote access also allows you start/stop charging at will, but you can achieve that with your tapo and granny charger combo, as long as your tapo will drive the granny without overheating of course.no idea, never tried that. I've had the granny overheat in some old manky mains socket though, so personally wouldn't use it in something like a holiday cottage without checking with the owner first.

On the Passat you can set off peak charging time which starts charging at the start of that slot. Then the preconditioning bit does the AC etc for your departure time. I have the off peak set to finish after the departure time so it tops up the battery as it gets used by the car heater.

• 2 months later...
On 02/02/2024 at 14:11, crankcase said:

You can set heating/cooling departure time in the car.

Go to e-manager. Click settings cog. Set the temperature you want by clicking on air conditioning.

Go back one screen, touch a plan on the left.

Now you set the time you want it be ready, and you will also see an option for air conditioning as well as charging and another to tell it when your off peak tariff is.

So just click on air conditioning there if you want it pre warmed or cooled at your departure time, as well as being charged to whatever percentage charge you have chosen.

Hope that makes sense!

Hi do you know if you can set two departure times one in the morning and one in the afternoon for the same day so it comes on without having to go in to the settings and change it every time.

16 minutes ago, crankcase said:

Never done that, but the app lets you set up three plans,  so I would think you can do what you want, yes.

That's what I thought and I am sure it did but will only let me set one a day so not sure if a setting has changed I have done a factory reset on the infotainment system but still no joy and wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem and fixed it