Power Steering pipes

Hi

My daughter has a Fabia.  There is a leak from the pipes close to the power steering pump.

There is one pipe, I assume the feed, that runs to the back of the steering rack.  Two metal pipes witha rubber middle section. It looks as if i can buy this online.

However, I can't find anything about the other pipe, does any one know the details of this?

Replacing the pipes looks reasonably straight forward, but does any one have any tips?

Thanks

Stuart

Hi

VIN looks to be TMBAA251583020057.

I have now had a better look at the pipes and the one that just clips on the pump (the return?) is the most corroded.

It looks as if both pipes end up in the steering box (pic attached) is that correct?

I will add some fluid and start it up to see if I can find the actual leak before I look at buying any pipes.

Stuart

IMG_20240203_145700595.jpg

Neither hose available from Skoda any more. Genuine prices before they were dropped were amazing: £273 + VAT and £181 + VAT. 

Watch out for aftermarket ones with claimed equivalence to similar part numbers on ebay etc, but with 6Q1 instead of 6Q2 at the start, they are for LHD set-ups and presumably won't fit.

Not sure if the 6R2...part numbers shown below each of these and applicable to later built cars can be made to work on your set-up, but they're not shown as supersessions for your hoses.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 10.04.02.png

Screenshot 2024-02-05 10.04.16.png

Edited by Breezy_Pete
  • Like 1

Thanks for that.

Can you tell me looking from the front of the car do the pipes connect to the left (driver side) or the right of the steering box.

I thought I traced them to the left but you pic looks as if they may go to the right.

Thanks

Ps where did you get your parts diagram from?

Don't know, look for google images corresponding to those exact part numbers and compare with what you see in the car. Diagrams are often a bit generic on ETKA.

Those data are from partslink24, a subscription site.

Approximately the same info can be found here, minus the VIN filtering: Car Parts Catalog - LLLParts

Your car was built 27/06/2007 BTW.

Edited by Breezy_Pete

I have confirmed now that the leak is from the return hose about 6 inches from the end by the pump.

Given that the end of the pipe is a rubber tube held on with clips could I just cut the pipe back beyond the leak and add a longer bit of rubber tube?

Anyone tried this?

Stuart

34 minutes ago, stu1009 said:

I have confirmed now that the leak is from the return hose about 6 inches from the end by the pump.

Given that the end of the pipe is a rubber tube held on with clips could I just cut the pipe back beyond the leak and add a longer bit of rubber tube?

Anyone tried this?

Stuart

Return hose is not under much pressure so yes, you can chop it about to seal it up.