Current Sat Nav Version number please?

Thank you for that.  I wish it showed up with that info on the screen in the car in the menus, but it doesn’t so I have no idea what the version installed in the car is.  I bought my car from the dealer last August and they did a big software update at point of delivery, but there’s definitely a few updated road missing so wanted to be sure it’s as up to date as possible.  I’ve downloaded and unpacked that file ready to go, though.

I’ve got an iPhone and can use ApplePlay for that satnav of course, but where I drive in the New Forest, particularly near Beaulieu, the signal on my O2 network is non-existent thanks to Lord Montagu’s understandable desire not to spoil the place with phone masts.  Only 3 Mobile is available and even that is extremely sketchy.

26 minutes ago, BobFrapples said:

Thank you for that.  I wish it showed up with that info on the screen in the car in the menus, but it doesn’t so I have no idea what the version installed in the car is.  I bought my car from the dealer last August and they did a big software update at point of delivery, but there’s definitely a few updated road missing so wanted to be sure it’s as up to date as possible.  I’ve downloaded and unpacked that file ready to go, though.

I’ve got an iPhone and can use ApplePlay for that satnav of course, but where I drive in the New Forest, particularly near Beaulieu, the signal on my O2 network is non-existent thanks to Lord Montagu’s understandable desire not to spoil the place with phone masts.  Only 3 Mobile is available and even that is extremely sketchy.

Google Maps / Tom Tom Go and Apple Maps allow you to download maps to your device so no need for a connection to a network. Traffic conditions might not immediately be updated if the connection is bad.

• Like 1

It does show it in the car. If you go Settings > System Information, look for the Navigation database version. It's basically a date, YY.MM, so my maps were updated December 2023 as I have version 23.12. I still have an active Infotainment Online package, so for me the maps automatically download to the car.

image.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesK said:

It does show it in the car. If you go Settings > System Information, look for the Navigation database version. It's basically a date, YY.MM, so my maps were updated December 2023 as I have version 23.12. I still have an active Infotainment Online package, so for me the maps automatically download to the car.

image.png

Perfect, that’s exactly what I needed.  Mines on 23.07 so a bit behind.  Many thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Just in case you're not aware for doing a manual update of the maps, the on-line portal speaks of using an SD card. There is no SD card reader on the Octavia IV, so you'll need to load the maps onto a USB-C memory stick instead. I quite like these memory sticks as they have both USB-A and USB-C connectors built in:

Link to Amazon

On a side note, hopefully your supplying dealer updated the cars infotainment software to 1941, as that's the big update which gives a far more stable Infotainment experience.

image.png.05771b5774a7aa2e78705f13db9cac7c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesK said:

Just in case you're not aware for doing a manual update of the maps, the on-line portal speaks of using an SD card. There is no SD card reader on the Octavia IV, so you'll need to load the maps onto a USB-C memory stick instead. I quite like these memory sticks as they have both USB-A and USB-C connectors built in:

Link to Amazon

On a side note, hopefully your supplying dealer updated the cars infotainment software to 1941, as that's the big update which gives a far more stable Infotainment experience.

image.png.05771b5774a7aa2e78705f13db9cac7c.png

Great advice, thank you and yes indeed, on 1941 and got a 64Gb USB-A + USB-C stick ready to go!  Thanks for taking the time and effort to help. 👍

Edited by BobFrapples
  • Like 1