What are these Fabia alloys called?

Rob-Pesci

Heya,

sorry for annoying you all with such a stupid question considering they’re basic stock,

but I was wondering if anyone could please i.d and tell me the name of my alloys?

thanks

1250B00B-A13C-490A-B31F-341091719768.jpeg

I'm no expert, just looking at the12/2016 brochure I have - if your car is a 'Colour Edition' and it has stock wheels 16" wheels the same as my brochure they are listed as "16" Anita Black Alloys".  The photo in my brochure is very small and not too distant to me eyes but they look the same as yours.  As always, always double or treble check any information from any source (including manufacturers) with a couple of other reliable sources, don't just trust some bloke on the internet particularly if they're old and forgetful and often wrong like me.

HTH.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Thanks all.

im still not sure if mine are those exact ones.

could be the Matte finish throwing me off.

I dunno what colour it really is as it’s like a quartz metallic on the alloy.

they’re fierce scuffed and was hoping to try and get a bit of the paint to fill in the scrapes and finish them off a bit.

Deep scratches might need more than paint but if you're good at such stuff or you find somewhere decent you can get a good finish, might involve some filler or such like, I've no idea, I'm more silver wheels and 80 or 70 profile tyres that protect and hide more, and I'm old I prefer steel wheels.  😀

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nta16 said:

@Rob-Pesci what was the outcome?

Heya.

no work done on it yet.

still in the process of fitting lowering springs but had to get the handbrake fixed first so I got the rear shoes fixed yesterday. The handbrake would seize up and lock if it wasn’t driven every day so at least that’s done.

the list of tasks are to lower it slightly (as at high speed the thing wobbles in a slightly terrifying way), find a Monte Carlo spoiler for a mk3 fabia (which seems like you can only get if you buy an entire tailgate off of a scrapyard or breakers) and then the wheels.

I want to paint the rear drums on it too as they are quite crusty looking.

:)

• Thanks 1

It might be the size and colour of your wheel and tyre combination and/or the levelness and evenness of the ground the car is parked on but in that photo the front at least already looks low enough to me.  People often think of changing springs and dampers to get the car to handle better when it's worn suspension bushes that might be causing much of any ride handling issues.  Good tyres in good condition are always an asset as they also cover braking and steering as well as the suspension.

Depends on what you call high speeds and on a public forum like this is I expect you mean high legal road speeds unless you meant on a track,.  I only have experience of my wife's standard 2015, 1.2 TSI, SE (and a passenger ride once round Bruntingthorpe many years ago in a Mk1 or maybe 2 VRS, I didn't notice at the time) and my wife's car has always been stable at 70 mph without hint that it would have anything like slightly terrifying wobbles into low three digits at least, it is a bit wallowy on twisty country roads if pushed but depends on what you're used to and expect.

Unless you're driving at the top end of the car's book claimed speed performance I'd suggest you get your tyres, steering and suspension thoroughly checked over.  I can't remember how tough or not the Irish MoTs are but a pass in the morning could be a fail in the afternoon and the MoT pass, if the same as UK, are just to met minimum statutory standards at one point in time to one person's opinion they don't say the car is in as good as it could or should be conditions.

With the handbrake sounds like possibly before you got the car it might have been sitting around unused a bit and/or perhaps you might have added to this a bit, but you might drive it daily or near daily and it was already set in,

Other than cosmetics I don't know if a spoiler would do anything or much for road use, my wife's car has a small lip above the rear window and I assumed they all have.

The best thing to get the car running well and first part of any tuning is to have the whole car fully serviced, maintained and repaired until this point further tuning is at best compromised.  Other stage of tuning, possibly should be first, is what many men don't like to hear or consider, is further driver training and this is transferable to other cars and road use and might lower insurance premiums depending on the type of further training.

Always the person's choice of course but I always suggest with a car new to you that other than the whole car full servicing, maintenance and repairs to leave any cosmetics and upgrades and improvements until you have used and driven the car for 6-12 months through as many circumstances, weather and roads as possible.  That way you'll learn about the car and how to drive it to get the best from it and you may find things you thought you might want to change you've got used to, or visa-versa.  Plus you might find you need the money you spent on any cosmetics and upgrades and improvements you need for unexpected priority stuff on the car (the handbrake might be a small minor example).

If when doing the whole car full servicing, maintenance and repairs, or later servicing, maintenance and repairs parts actually need to be  replaced then perhaps that might be a good time to upgrade the parts but bear in mind many upgrades and improvements can turn out to be not so and even make things worse, or worse overall.  You need to consider overall balance when doing so too an upgrade/improvement in one item might unbalance the overall system so not giving an overall upgrade/improvement.

First performance change I consider is tyres, good performing tyres in good condition make a difference to braking, steering, handling, road holding, comfort and noise, it might just be renewing the ones already on the car or changing to another make and model of tyre, if the whole car is good it might sometimes be all that's required for driving improvement.

Good luck.

Edited by nta16
missing words