280 spark plugs

Hi. I need to change the spark plugs for my 16 plate 280, and would want to go for the NGK ones. Anyone using iridium ones instead of platinum/double platinum? 

Thanks

32 minutes ago, numskull said:

Can I ask why? What symptoms points to failing plugs? 

They aren't failing, but it has been 45k since they last been changed, and I think this is the recommended interval to change them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

ILFER7C8EG Ngk ones. My last set did 50k miles with no problems and I’m mapped 

great plug

Are you sure these are the right ones ? I've put my reg and it shows them as not compatible with my 280

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@LeGrumpy   Is there something you have in mind about you benefiting from one type over another? 

Is it a standard engine on a standard map running E5, or do you use E10?

It's stock atm with stage 1 in mind soon, and from what I've read standard plugs should be fine, but looking at the price of some of the iridium ones, the difference in price wouldn't be that big.

I always put super unleaded in it, either Momentum 99 or Shell V power, and all of these are E5 if I'm not wrong.

7 hours ago, LeGrumpy said:

Are you sure these are the right ones ? I've put my reg and it shows them as not compatible with my 280

Just put my reg in and they came up. I’m MY19 68 plate 

I just fitted a set of the OEM plugs to my 272 as a lot of tuners I contacted say, even at stage 2 say they are more than capable of running the extra power. At this point I’ve seen no indication from my own car that, that is anything but correct. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...