Got a problem with the DPF filter

During a service the shop said they spotted the DPF filter being clogged up.

We paid for a DPF revival, I think they run the engine at high speed to force the revival process.

Soon after the service I got the engine light warning. Brought it back and they would like us to pay 1 day of diagnostic.

Apparently if the DPF is faulty that would cost 3k GBP to replace. There is a chance that the sensor is wrong that would be alot cheaper to replace.

At this point I am wondering if I should look for third parties who claim to be able to clean a DPF.

The car has 74000 miles so it may have just reached the ‘capacity’ of the DPF. A quick google shows that they have a lifetime around 70k to 100k miles.

Wondering if anyone has advice or encountered a similar situation

Maybe I should have bought a petrol 😂 

Just to be pedantic. Diesel Particulate Filter,  so no need for Filter after the DPF. 

They did the Forced Regen, cheeky monkeys. 

Sorry i know nothing about them Clogged or cleaning or how much you really need to pay to replace, but forget Main Dealers Prices or their diagnosis at your expense. 

Hopefully there will be some along that can help.

One thought.

If you had bought a 2018 petrol VW Group car with a GPF then that might have upcoming expenses soon.

No idea how much Skoda Dealers will try screwing customers for a diagnostic and GPF replacement, they are maybe still thinking on that one.

image (2).webp

Edited by Rooted

torque (play store) +cheap BT dongle should allow you to do most things, that's how I read my errors...

. Bret

You can try to clean yourself with a spray  can made by Wurth, cost about 40pounds and you risc nothing.These dpfs are pretty easy to clean

1.With cold engine unplug the pressure differential sensor hose and spray the entire can

2.Let it soak

3. Unplug Maf sensor to disable the low pressure egr.

4.Start the car and rev the engine to the max 2500rpm for 3min

5.Plug the Maf sensor and drive car for 15-20 miles and keep revs high.

Do this propperly and you have high chances to unblock it.

• Like 1

Had the dpf light come on on my son's Monte carlo. I took it for an Italian tune up, down the motorway left it in 4th Gear get the revs between 2000 and 2500. Drove for about 1/2 he and get presto light went off. Simples.

16 minutes ago, Simon TDI Sport said:

Had the dpf light come on on my son's Monte carlo. I took it for an Italian tune up, down the motorway left it in 4th Gear get the revs between 2000 and 2500. Drove for about 1/2 he and get presto light went off. Simples.

This might be even on a new car. Because regeneration was interrupted multiple times before.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 19.09.20.png

Would expect DPF on a Superb 2.0 diesel to last at least 150k miles.  Mine is just over half full at near 120k miles.  Others on here report getting near 200k before the DPF nears capacity.

Older generation DPFs predating the Superb mk3 were more problematic.