Angina. Does anyone else have it?

Hi.

I'm 99.% certain that I have angina, and whilst I'm await tests to confirm it, I was wondering if anyone else here has it and could give me some advice as I find it very frightening! 😭😰

Thanx

Edited by TheWanderer

Back in 2011 I was getting a slight ache across my shoulders walking round to a work colleagues which I put down to the fact I carried a small backpack on just one shoulder. GP sent me for a precautionary check at A&E and they stuck me on a treadmill and the ache returned when it was tilited, effectively when I was walking under stress. I’d never had any symptoms at any other time, only when walking uphill, under stress. It was suggested it could be early signs of angina so I was referred for an angiogram when it was confirmed there was potentially a blocked artery so I was taken in the following week for an angioplasty. That was surreal, laying on the bed watching the whole procedure on the screen above me 😄 The procedure itself, inserting a catheter in my groin and feeding it up to the affected coronary artery was painless, the immediate recovery less so as I had to have a tourniquet type bandage on the point of my groin where the catheter was pushed into the main artery.
Although the surgeon did say that some patients came back for further surgery within ten years I’ve had no recurrence of the problem at 13 years 🤞

If they say you have angina, or any other cardiac issue,  DON’T ignore whatever treatment they propose for you 👍

• Like 2

Thank you, sorry for slow response, just been feeling pretty rough. 

I struggle to walk any distances, uphill I'm like an old steam engine puffing and blowing, it doesn't help when you have a knee that clicks painfully and seizes up without warning. 

What's strange is if I use a nasal spray like Sudafed (Oxymetazaline) it goes away after a few minutes, I've also got a GTN spray to help stem the symptoms which is 3 strikes & out (ambulance).

• Like 1

I never really struggled whilst walking. As I said in my earlier post I used to walk up a slight incline to a car-share colleagues and it was really only on that incline when I experienced an ache across my shoulders. The walk was probably 1/2 mile and the final 400 yds were on the level so by the time I got to my lift it had gone. I’d put it down to the way I carried my small backpack, it was Significant Other who insisted I check it out. Never had stairs to climb in work so wouldn’t affect me there and the short walk back at night was down the incline so didn’t affect me then either. With hindsight had my car share been on the level I’d never have noticed any aches and probably just dropped down somewhere when out.

Given your present symptoms I’d certainly keep chasing for those results and follow-up treatment

🤞

Edited by BTandSid

22 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Thank you, sorry for slow response, just been feeling pretty rough. 

I struggle to walk any distances, uphill I'm like an old steam engine puffing and blowing, it doesn't help when you have a knee that clicks painfully and seizes up without warning. 

What's strange is if I use a nasal spray like Sudafed (Oxymetazaline) it goes away after a few minutes, I've also got a GTN spray to help stem the symptoms which is 3 strikes & out (ambulance).

If this is Angina, it sounds like it needs treating sharpish, @TheWanderer.

Don't be afraid of making a nuisance of yourself chasing up treatment.

Good luck! 🤞

The earliest the hospital can see me is March 6th. So in the meantime I'm using CBD to help keep me and my anxiety and angina under control, I've got a double strength blood pressure tablet as well. 

On 27/02/2024 at 10:07, TheWanderer said:

The earliest the hospital can see me is March 6th. So in the meantime I'm using CBD to help keep me and my anxiety and angina under control, I've got a double strength blood pressure tablet as well. 

Hope you get on OK next week and have some clear answers from the medics; in the meantime try to relax, and as I used to say the the then teenage kids, "take care, be good" 😉

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

Hope you get on OK next week and have some clear answers from the medics; in the meantime try to relax, and as I used to say the the then teenage kids, "take care, be good" 😉

Thanks very much. In a way I'm hoping it's a blocked vein and they can resolve it with a stent, because it's driving me made doing stairs and getting breathless or even up a slight hill, earlier it hit going downhill! WTF! It's just getting me down.