2012 1.6tdi Roomster engine problem

My Roomster has suddenly developed a problem. It's not picking up from low revs, below around 1750 rpm. I'm assuming this is when the turbo kicks in. Currently on 168k and has running fine, although the economy has dropped off a bit.

Was serviced around 3,000 miles ago. Had egr replace 30,000 miles ago. Starts as it should and no other issues.

Any ideas?

You would need to get the codes read but if there are no other symptoms, it could be that one of the exhaust temperature sensors has failed. There is one that is quite prone to it.

• Thanks 1

That is not the best outcome unfortunately. It's not a do it yourself job unless you have access to a lift and tools.

The EGR unit is just under the turbo along the back of the engine. The valve and cooler unit come as one from VW. You need to take the exhaust, the driver's side drive shaft and a number of coolant hose off (plus probably a few other bits I've forgotten) to get it out.

You'd probably be looking at 6-8 hours of labour if I remember rightly. And that's ignoring any other problems along the way.