Felica 1.3 - Something is 'on' but ignition is off!

On 26/02/2024 at 21:16, R_U_AFA said:

Don't suppose you have a tape deck radio fitted?

You sir, are a star!!

It was indeed the culprit. If I pushed it back in just enough to connect I could quite clearly hear the noise coming from the stereo - but as soon as I pushed it back iin fully, then sound then seemed like it was coming from the blower. I gues the vibrations or something was transferring or amplifying the noise.

Any way thanks all for the excellent help.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robchap said:

You sir, are a star!!

It was indeed the culprit. If I pushed it back in just enough to connect I could quite clearly hear the noise coming from the stereo - but as soon as I pushed it back iin fully, then sound then seemed like it was coming from the blower. I gues the vibrations or something was transferring or amplifying the noise.

Any way thanks all for the excellent help.

There's an air duct behind the head unit, that would transfer the noise to the upper vents.

Checked the schematics and I was wrong saying that everything's disconnected with fuses out - the stereo's fuse is on the device itself and its input is always live.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Papez said:

There's an air duct behind the head unit, that would transfer the noise to the upper vents.

the stereo's fuse is on the device itself and its input is always live.

ScreenShot_20221212110427.png.4a73a38da3b28e2560289e38cfc21e2f.png

Not always, here in GR when you buy a car with no factory unit intalled the electrician always asks you:

Do you want the stereo to work anytime (even when the car is Off) or only when you turn the key?

Some people want to hear music while the car ir parked and engine Off, ruins a bit the battery but i some cases helps (romantic dates 💗 ).