I know this topic has been covered in posts before but as I had the sites open for another topic I thought I would post the sources of information here too.

The E5 higher octane petrols also have higher cleaning additives which may give medium and long term benefits of use.  PDF of some E5 petrols available (as at 23/12/23).  petrol.pdf

Source - some blokes off the internet. 

" . . . drivers of classic ŠKODA models built before 2001 will need to opt for a different grade.  Drivers of Felicia models with a 1.3 litre engine built between 1994 to 2001 and all classic models built before 1994 will still be able to source compatible fuels despite the introduction of E10 unleaded.  High octane Super unleaded fuel, which is widely available at larger filling stations, will continue have a maximum of 5% bioethanol.

Drivers concerned about their car’s compatibility with E10 fuel are advised to check on the UK government’s online check tool: https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/ or consult with their retailer.".

Source - Skoda - https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/skoda-confirms-all-new-models-are-fully-compatible-with-e10-fuel

"Škoda

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all ŠKODA vehicles with petrol engines with the following exceptions:

• Felicia 1.3 litre OHV (40kw and 50kW) engines in the production years 1994 to 2001
  • Other ŠKODA models using the 1.3 litre OHV engines produced prior to 1994.

NOTE: If your vehicle is listed above you should continue to use E5 petrol. If you are unsure please contact your local Škoda dealer.

I'm still not sure if my vehicle is E10 compatible-

If you're not sure if you can use E10 in your vehicle:

• check the vehicle owner's manual, the instructional booklet is specific to your vehicle
  • look inside of the fuel filler flap
  • ask the car, motorcycle or scooter manufacturer / local dealer

If you're still not sure, use E5 petrol.  It will still be available in the super grade at many filling stations

All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated

© Crown copyright"

Source - GOV.UK - https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/manufacturer/Škoda

IIRC the 5% and 10% were always maximum figures and the UK petrol pump would be labelled as "E5" even if the petrol (not necessarily Shell) at that time had 0% (zero) ethanol in it.

The video put up was titled with 17-12-2021 (How Much Ethanol Does Shell V-Power E5 Fuel Really Contain V's Shell Standard E10 Petrol 17-12-2021) so is out of date with the situation since sometime in 2023 (IIRC).  And don't take too much notice of the vague time from listing YT puts up.

If you research corn growing in America you'll see what this was all about and why food was altered and caused so many problems with their foods which of course invaded the UK's, I often say if you have 'America' as a fiend you never need look for more enemies.

Of course this ethanol stuff ain't exactly a new idea, just as an example the poster below is for a UK petrol that was about in the 1960s (even before I was driving) so I was told. - http://www.petrolmaps.co.uk/clevelan.htm

60sethanol.thumb.jpg.e38bd0e8348ba35187df78829f71af0f.jpg

1 minute ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

E5 for the felicia end of story

except if you change all fuel lines to cohline 2240

You need to tell the VW engineers then, from opening post. - Source - Skoda - https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/skoda-confirms-all-new-models-are-fully-compatible-with-e10-fuel

26 minutes ago, nta16 said:

I often say if you have 'America' as a fiend you never need look for more enemies.

''be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country''

The try to destroy-ban the tobacco farms there and now everything is aboput Corn and ''climate crisis'' although those which preach about is travel with learjets, have luxury villas with tennis court, swimming pool etc.

They use in Brazil ethanol many years ego but here in GR i hear nagging from some drives (with experience in tuning) about this.

Well it's all dealing with ancient technologies, internal combustion engines and car manufacturers computers.  😄

If enough people moaned about America enough on the net their AI might turn on them and we all might be in trouble, luckily they're far too invasive to allow this unless others hide it from them.  😄

Thank gawd we have ethanol to worry about instead.  😄

Edited by nta16

9 hours ago, nta16 said:

You need to tell the VW engineers then, from opening post. - Source - Skoda - https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/skoda-confirms-all-new-models-are-fully-compatible-with-e10-fuel

You bet but that's why skoda doesn't clear it, the vehicle is deprecated they don't care. 

Advising for a modification means they have to spend money on testing and validation, they are not willing to do that obviously 

9 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

We don't run Methanol.

Don't care they are R9 spec, so very good, other option is cohline 2192 (R6 spec) which I run on the felly and I trust it, but I'm soon planing a full system retrofit with 2240

11 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

E5 for the felicia end of story

except if you change all fuel lines to cohline 2240

I read on Czech forums, that the problematic parts are O-rings around injectors and replacing them with Fabia ones will do the trick.

That would line-up with no mention of the 1.6 engine.

2 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

You bet but that's why skoda doesn't clear it, the vehicle is deprecated they don't care. 

Advising for a modification means they have to spend money on testing and validation, they are not willing to do that obviously 

I hope you're not suggesting the brilliant German engineers and German engineering quality hadn't prepared for the introduction of ethanol given others markets were using 10% decades before, you're surely not saying the engineers were wrong, I've never know that.  😁  Must have been all others in the company, never engineers.  😉

If there are worries you can get petrol additives that deal with ethanol.

This is all a repeat of when unleaded petrol was introduced in the UK 25-30years ago when many doomsayers in the "classic" scene where saying it would be then end of their cars back then.  I expect some/many of the very same doomsayers still have exactly the same vehicles but driving them even less than back then, if that is possible.  Rubber doesn't last for ever many old cars will have old rubber and if parked up most (almost all) times then the cars aren't being used as designed so you can expect problems ethanol or not.

I can assure you about 20 years back there was a lot of ****-poor rubbish rubber fuel hose being sold by the "classic" car part sellers and at other motor factors in the UK.  I bought three different lots of 1/4" rubber hose from three different motor factors in three different counties (areas of the country) and all three leaked in a short space of time.  Replaced with Goodyear 6mm (R6 at the time IIRC) and that was fine (and a better fit than 1/4").

Edited by nta16

3 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Don't care they are R9 spec, so very good

I ''know'' it by first hand, i have tested in my Felicia 4 different fuel additives and i have done many amateurish experiments in the past with plastics-hoses-O rings-washers-metal parts etc to see the affect of those additives in those parts.

4 hours ago, Papez said:

I read on Czech forums, that the problematic parts are O-rings around injectors and replacing them with Fabia ones will do the trick.

That would line-up with no mention of the 1.6 engine.

ah these have been replaced long ago with viton parts!

2 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I ''know'' it by first hand, i have tested in my Felicia 4 different fuel additives and i have done many amateurish experiments in the past with plastics-hoses-O rings-washers-metal parts etc to see the affect of those additives in those parts.

believe it or not the original fuel lines are not resistant to E10, not even totally resistant to E5!

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

3 hours ago, nta16 said:

I hope you're not suggesting the brilliant German engineers and German engineering quality hadn't prepared for the introduction of ethanol given others markets were using 10% decades before, you're surely not saying the engineers were wrong, I've never know that.  😁  Must have been all others in the company, never engineers.

why would they care about a fuel that was going to be introduced 25 year later in the EU

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

believe it or not the original fuel lines are not resistant to E10, not even totally resistant to E5!

I stopped using Shell when i learn about Ethanol in their gasoline.

3 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I stopped using Shell when i learn about Ethanol in their gasoline.

have you conducted tests about the percentage of ethanol in greek gasolines i would like to know

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I don't work in laboratory and i have no time and money to send gasoline examples abroad for tests.

you can test in a measuring tube with water, but I never did because I thought all of them were E5

Obligation to mix gasoline with biofuels

According to article 15A of Law 3054/2002, from 1.1.2019 the gasoline consumed domestically in vehicles contains pure bioethanol or bioethers produced from alcohols of biological origin.

The percentage of bioethanol or alcohol of biological origin used for the production of bioethers was set at 1% for the year 2019 and 3.3% for the year 2020 and subsequent years.  By decision of the Minister of Environment and Energy, this percentage can be increased after the year 2020.

https://ypen.gov.gr/energeia/prasines-metafores/viokafsima/

In general, the hot climate of Greece does not help mixing gasoline with bioethanol.  From what I have read, it is mandatory in Greece from 2020 onwards to mix at least 3.3%.  Unfortunately I don't remember the source or if anything has changed.

Second stop comparing with Holland and Germany, they have a much colder climate and mixing is much easier.

Academic debate, of course, since here in Greece there is no E10, nor do the companies announce the percentage of ethanol content of the gasoline they sell.

https://www.insomnia.gr/forums/topic/804379-βενζίνη-ε5/?do=findComment&comment=59585534