Bought late 2022 Superb Estate, getting to know it bit by bit...here's the first thing.

Hi all, I bought this car having bought a 2015 Fabia before and am happy with both.

However, although the car when bought "approved used" with only 5900 miles on it, I can't get the rear interior lights to work, either of them.

Am I being stupid in that they have to be "enabled" or something, the handbook was useless to help me?

Can anyone help with this?

Also, how can I tell if the car has a satnav or not, it's all alien to me as I come from a background of analogue everything. Currently I've managed using Android auto to get my phone's TomTom Go to appear on the console screen and have been using that.

TIA people.

Whether you have sat nav or not Android Auto and either Google maps or Waze is the best imho. 13 engineers driving octavia estates tell me google is way better than skoda sat nav. 

The rear map lights confused me at first but I couldn't switch mine off..... read on here that the switches are the opposite to what you expect.... have a play, I doubt you've disabled them. 

• Like 1

Mines an octavia vrs ,so not too sure about your superb ,but would have thought it would say nav on the info screen ,on another note tho not once in 5 years has my skoda nav ever put me wrong or let me down its been faultless .

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the lights in the rear don't work however the buttons are pressed, so I don't think any more playing around with them will get them to work.

Where do I go next?

A 2022 superb should have in built navigation.

Can you show as picture of the radio unit?

If you press the home button on the top left does it not show a map on 3/4 of the screen?

1 hour ago, Gabbo said:

A 2022 superb should have in built navigation.

Can you show as picture of the radio unit?

If you press the home button on the top left does it not show a map on 3/4 of the screen?

Unless you have an S or SE with a Bolero .

Sat Navs  I believe start with the SE Business trim

Edited by Winston_Woof

Thanks again everyone, yes, Android auto works well and I can easily use this with my TomTomGo and the navigation (basic style) even can be got to appear in between the tacho and the speedo.

Model is SE TSI S-A late 2022

Still don't know why interior rear 'ceiling' lights don't work whichever way the buttons are pressed.

TIA

20240301_120912.jpg

14 hours ago, Fatfred said:

Whether you have sat nav or not Android Auto and either Google maps or Waze is the best imho. 13 engineers driving octavia estates tell me google is way better than skoda sat nav. 

The rear map lights confused me at first but I couldn't switch mine off..... read on here that the switches are the opposite to what you expect.... have a play, I doubt you've disabled them. 

Yes, I've been reading that when I goggled : 'my rear interior lights don't work'  I have the opposite problem, at least for now they're not draining the battery.

• Haha 1