Help with Fuse Size (not rating!)

Hi Everyone - I am new here - hope you can help.

I've researched on briskoda about fuse for cigar lighter and it appears 15A Blue is required - but when I look on Amazon they seem to mention standard and mini size - can anyone tell me which I need. Fabia Mk3 2018 Hatchback 1.0 petrol.

Maybe a better plan would be to check the fuse boxes and see which sizes of each fuse are being used on that car, both of the sizes you mentioned will be in there as well as another version, ie ATO, MINI and JCASE

I've found Halfords and many other car parts outlets stock supplies of car fuses.

In my wife's August 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 110PS 6MT, the "12V Power Outlet" fuse is a 20amp ATO.

Hi welcome.

If you mean fuse 44 "Cigarette lighter, 12-volt power socket" as in the 07.2018 Owner's Manual that looks like a standard blade(?) fuse to me, 15 Amp is blue.

Free VWSkoda PDF downloads of the Owner's  Manuals from this VWSkoda website if you don't have the handy (no batteries needed, can be viewed in daylight) paper printed copy. - https://manual.skoda-auto.com

Seems a waste to get something that small through the likes of Amazon.

HTH.

4 hours ago, Turbointercoolosis said:

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread. My headlight washers aren't working. I think it's fuse 36, can anyone tell me what size/version it is? 

Your Owner's Manual will tell you fuse locations, sorry I don't have a list for 2011 Superb but I'd expect it to be a standard size blade fuse, the amperage rating of that blade fuse would depend on what else is on the fuseway but it will be on the blade fuse somewhere. 

Free VWSkoda PDF downloads of the Owner's  Manuals from this VWSkoda website if you don't have the handy (no batteries needed, can be viewed in daylight) paper printed copy. - https://manual.skoda-auto.com

HTH.

• Like 1

Just a bit of additional (unnecessary) info on fuse types,  the fuse type that can get called "standard" and also named ATO by Littelfuse, who first brought them to the market, the "O" means "open" as in the fuse element is exposed, there is another version of "standard" fuses called ATC and the "C" means "closed" as in the fuse element is covered- I only found that out when I Googled "ATO" to make sure that I had quoted the correct term - so that explains why some of these "standard" fuses, in VW Group cars anyway, are either "open" or "closed" with probably no logic as to why both can exist in a new car from the factory - a supplier related issue maybe.

• Like 1

Current carrying capacity and the risk of igniting something conductive and combustible (wire wool for example) might be the rationale but if both types are available in all ratings then ignore my ramblings!