Genuine rear camera installation

Afternoon All.

I have tried searching but I cannot find the answer....

To fit a rear camera on my 2019 vrs estate, is it just a case of plug and play or will the car need the software updated as well?

Many thanks 

Not software updated, but (at least depending on equipment) the 5F will need recoding to tell it a camera has been installed.

• Like 1

• Sponsor
Posted (edited)

The infotainment system, diagnostic gateway and parking sensor control module will need to be recoded. The camera itself will require parameterisation, coding & calibration 

We charge £395 supplied and fitted, for a new genuine camera including an integrated washer system. The installation is performed using VWAG diagnostic equipment so the installation can be recorded against the cars build data, making it a permanent installation. It means future parts lookup will show the camera/correct handle and the camera may even affect future automated valuations. 

https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/products/highline-reverse-camera?_pos=5&_sid=14d3705f7&_ss=r

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Like 1