Sleeping space in the back?

I put 70,000 miles on a 2010 Superb Elegance 2.0TDi DSG in Australia so I know they're ok.  Now back in the UK and looking for a towcar for my racecar on a trailer (1600kg) that will also allow me to use the car for sleeping in at tracks overnight.

I've found but not yet bought an Elegance 2.0TDi DSG 4x4 with 150k miles, registered late 2013.  Full Skoda service history.

Can an owner please tell me what sleeping space there would be in the back of a 2013 Superb Estate with the rear seats folded?

When the seats are folded does that make a flat floor?

The seller says it has 170hp and does 60mpg.  This doesn't gel with my other research that it would be 140hp which is what I had before.  Or that the most likely fuel consumption for mostly motorway miles would be more like high 40s.  Any thoughts on these please?

No idea on the diesel but I've had 2m/6' 6" doors in the back of mine with the seats down so the space is reasonable. Also, not sure this is still a current product but:

Cheers,

Steve

5 hours ago, DaveMoore said:

The seller says it has 170hp and does 60mpg.  This doesn't gel with my other research that it would be 140hp

Either of those is possible. Knowing which trim level it has may help with determining the tune.

7 hours ago, DaveMoore said:

Can an owner please tell me what sleeping space there would be in the back of a 2013 Superb Estate with the rear seats folded?

When the seats are folded does that make a flat floor?

The seller says it has 170hp and does 60mpg.  This doesn't gel with my other research that it would be 140hp which is what I had before.  Or that the most likely fuel consumption for mostly motorway miles would be more like high 40s.  Any thoughts on these please?

The rear seats will indeed fold perfectly flat, just pull the fabric tabs at the back of the seat squabs, then you can lift and tilt them so they are positioned in the footwell, allowing the backrests to lie flat and level with the boot floor. I'm 5'10 and have had a kip in the back of mine on a couple of occasions...there's loads of room to spare. I'd recommend an inflatable camping mat though.

60mpg from the 170bhp 4x4 DSG would be delightful, but probably only achievable if everywhere you intend to drive is downhill 😄

I average somewhere around the low 40s

22 hours ago, Paws4Thot said:

Either of those is possible. Knowing which trim level it has may help with determining the tune.

Elegance

21 hours ago, DaveMoore said:

Elegance

According to the moneysupermarket car insurance group checker, the 2013 Superb MK2 Elegance 2.0TDI was available in both 140HP and 170HP versions...for both 2WD and 4x4, with manual or automatic gearbox.

moneysupermarket car insurance group checker

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/car-insurance-group-checker-tool/

Edited by Carlston