DPF (The Pandoras Box)

Finally it came up today!

I bought this car in November 2023 and I don’t know if it had any issues with the DPF before or this was the first time.

my driving routine:

I work 10-15 minutes away and it is mostly city traffic ( 2 stop lights and speed limits (40km/h - 70km/h)

I am aware that this is not good for the DPF, but still we plan the longer trips almost every weekend. I was hoping that will do it, but still the warning appeared. Luckily, it went of really fast. I was about to joint the highway (manual mode around 3000rpm) and the light went off before I even got to the highway. Anyway, I drove for 30 min 120km/h at 3000rpm, just to be safe.

The car is parked in hot garage so it never gets cold in winter and had struggle to start. From time to time I used the “remote heat” (the button on extra key to warm up the engine before start). I hoped that will help the car to reach operating temperature and don’t soot as much because my daily workn commute.

My mechanic told me that it would be easier for me to code out the DPF, because my short commute. He also said there are many opinions I can do:

-code out DPF and EGR

-remove DPF insides and code EGR (so it is open, or something like that, I don’t understand anything)

-replace the DPF with some “sporty” version, because the oem ones are not that good if in use to make short journeys.

all of above includes the remap at the end. He told me whatever I chose to do it would be smart to remap the engine after the modification so it know what to do and do it right.

Also all options are “safe” the car will pass the inspection without any problems.

Feel free to suggest or add any other options.

IMG_3098.jpeg