Skoda Felicia 1.6 heater blower

Hi folks,

the heater blower in my 1.6 Felicia has stopped working. Having read other forum posts, I think it’s either the motor or the resistor that has a fault. However, what I can’t find out is where to access these parts in the car so I can fix them, in particular the resistor. Does anyone have any guides or photos from when you may have fixed the same fault?

many thanks.

1 hour ago, MattBon said:

Hi folks,

the heater blower in my 1.6 Felicia has stopped working. Having read other forum posts, I think it’s either the motor or the resistor that has a fault. However, what I can’t find out is where to access these parts in the car so I can fix them, in particular the resistor. Does anyone have any guides or photos from when you may have fixed the same fault?

many thanks.

As @vucko1011 implies, the fan speed controller is directly behind the knob that you turn. You say it "doesn't work": was this a gradual degradation with the most used speed failing first, or did it just suddenly pack in completely?

I have 2 ideas for the most likely failure and the answer to this question will tell me which is more likely in your case.

11 minutes ago, Paws4Thot said:

As @vucko1011 implies, the fan speed controller is directly behind the knob that you turn. You say it "doesn't work": was this a gradual degradation with the most used speed failing first, or did it just suddenly pack in completely?

I have 2 ideas for the most likely failure and the answer to this question will tell me which is more likely in your case.

It doesn’t work at all. Non of the speeds work now. It worked fine before but it just suddenly stopped. As far as I know it’s never packed in before in the cars entire life (it’s been in my family since ‘97)

8 minutes ago, MattBon said:

It doesn’t work at all. Non of the speeds work now. It worked fine before but it just suddenly stopped. As far as I know it’s never packed in before in the cars entire life (it’s been in my family since ‘97)

4th speed bypasses the resistor pack, so if it doesn't work, there might be an issue with fuse, wiring or the motor itself. Check connector to the motor - it's in the engine bay, on the side of the ventilation inlet, white 2 pin connector. It often corrodes burns due to increased resistance.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Papez said:

4th speed bypasses the resistor pack, so if it doesn't work, there might be an issue with fuse, wiring or the motor itself. Check connector to the motor - it's in the engine bay, on the side of the ventilation inlet, white 2 pin connector. It often corrodes burns due to increased resistance.

I’ve already changed the fuse and that didn’t change anything. I’ll check out the other wires you mentioned & hopefully that will help!

1 hour ago, Papez said:

I agree with you, I had the same problem with burned out connector at the resistor pack so @MattBon should check that first.

Fixed! I pulled the wires and connectors out you recommended and give them a clean (there was a bit of corrosion). I also changed the fuse again (even though I’ve already changed it) just to be sure & it’s back working!

Not sure if it was the wires or the fuse I put in before that was the issue but anyway, it’s working again. Thank you for your help!!

• Love it! 2