Cup Holder too small!

Hi,

I know this has been raised on the Octavia part of the forum but the answer of an adaptor from Amazon, I don’t think will fit. 
A fruit shoot bottle fits which is 55 mm / 2.25 inches in diameter. All the cup/bottle holder adaptors I can find are 2.6 inches at the smallest. I want to put a steel drinks bottle in (380ml) which isn’t a huge bottle but measures at 70mm / 2.75 inches and won’t fit. I don’t want to change the drinks bottle I’m using as it’s a Sho bottle which keeps my water ice cold and has an inbuilt straw. 
Does anyone know of an adaptor that will work?

thanks 

So you want to put a bottle in the cup holder, instead of a cup

Isn't there are bottle holder in the door pocket ?

• Like 1

this appears to be a generic Skoda thing. 

The cupholders in my Superb are too small for the mugs we use in my GFs Ioniq (& previously in my Ceed)

• Crying 1

On 17/03/2024 at 12:19, SurreyJohn said:

So you want to put a bottle in the cup holder, instead of a cup

Isn't there are bottle holder in the door pocket ?

The bottle is too small and rattles about in the door pocket. It has an inbuilt straw which leaks if the bottle isn’t stood completely upright. The holders are also too small for my reusable insulated cups too.

with the “drinks holder” being removable I would have thought another company would have made a “proper” drinks holder that could be used instead 

I think I saw the cup holder being removed from its console in a Fabia video.

I am not saying it is intended to be removed, but might be worth a look.

On 18/03/2024 at 20:46, Headphones said:

The bottle is too small and rattles about in the door pocket

Use some packing or a foam sleeve around the bottle.

I can fit 1 litre Sigg bottles in the door pockets.

5 hours ago, gumdrop said:

I think I saw the cup holder being removed from its console in a Fabia video.

I am not saying it is intended to be removed, but might be worth a look.

Thanks. It does come out, it actually says it’s removable. That’s why I thought a third party would have made something that could fit in its place. I know someone who has a 3d printer and he might be able to make something so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. He said there are using templates online and would have thought someone would have already done one.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Use some packing or a foam sleeve around the bottle.

I can fit 1 litre Sigg bottles in the door pockets.

Thanks. If it was a bigger bottle it would probably be easier as it would fit without rattling around. I have tried putting something in the door, but then I can’t easily grab it to drink out of it if I’m stood at the traffic lights etc. 

First world problems!

Has the Sahara desert spread to the North East of England already?

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

First world problems!

Has the Sahara desert spread to the North East of England already?

🤣🤣 

• 4 weeks later...

I had the problem with a car seat for my little girl and the cup holders that pull out were too big.

I used thermo plastic to make a sleeve . You melt it by heating it up in hot water then mould your shape and when it cools it goes hard. If you want to change the shape you can reuse it by putting it on hot water again. It worked great. I use it for lots of other stuff. If you look around you can buy it on various colours.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2024 at 02:07, Headphones said:

...I know someone who has a 3d printer and he might be able to make something so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. He said there are using templates online and would have thought someone would have already done one.

There are many 3D-printable models of cup-holder inserts (examples here)

https://www.yeggi.com/q/cup+holder+insert/

but you'd need to check what would meet your particular requirements. 

If you can identify an existing model, your contact who has a 3D printer should be able to produce it in a suitable material.

(A GOOGLE-search on 3D printable cup holder inserts will retrieve lots more stuff.)

• Like 1