2011 fabia 1.2 battery drain

I'm back in a Skoda after previously owning a mk1 Octavia vrs estate. I have recently bought a 2011 fabia 1.2 and it appears to have a pretty severe battery drain. From what I can tell in a week of ownership, the rear wiper doesn't work, the front window switches can be temperamental - don't work the first time you use them and can sometimes go down on their own or you can hear the switch clicking in the door randomly and the last strange issue is that the instrument cluster illuminates even when the car is switched off and locked. Any advice or help would be appreciated before I go pulling the whole thing apart,

Just an update to this post - I have managed to sort the window issue out by stripping the window switches and cleaning them so now all fully operational. However even after taking the clocks out and checking for moisture on the board the speedo and rev counter backlights illuminate randomly and the battery drain still remains....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that there has been no replies to my post, however just to update again - i have removed the body control module but the unit is sealed so I didn't want to pull it apart but the main connections appeared to be clean and dry. The drain in the battery remains - would a session on VCDS be able to highlight what the issue might be?

1 hour ago, N14 NNC said:

I'm surprised that there has been no replies to my post, however just to update again - i have removed the body control module but the unit is sealed so I didn't want to pull it apart but the main connections appeared to be clean and dry. The drain in the battery remains - would a session on VCDS be able to highlight what the issue might be?

No, are you sure the battery is being drained and is not just knackered? People often put knackered batteries back in cars they're selling.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

No, are you sure the battery is being drained and is not just knackered? People often put knackered batteries back in cars they're selling.

Thanks for your reply. I bought the car knowing it had a battery drain, the previous owner had recently replaced the battery with a bosch s4. I have drop tested the battery and it appears to be fine.

19 hours ago, Rooted said:

I thought with the first post you knew why the battery drains.  The dash lights stay on when the car is switched off and locked.

Is that fixed yet? 

The instrument cluster illumination goes out once the car is switched off and locked but then randomly illuminate again after a short period of time. I have had the clocks out and stripped apart and the circuit board etc appears fine - no signs of burning or moisture ingress.

• Thanks 1

Original radio or aftermarket?

30 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Original radio or aftermarket?

Original radio is still fitted to the car.

• Like 1

Have you been able to measure the current being drawn when all modules should have entered sleep mode after locking?