Octavia III FL manoeuvre assist

Hello!

I have a question regarding the manoeuvre assist system - I can’t quite wrap my head around it.

So I have a Skoda Octavia III FL with DSG7 gearbox. The car is equipped with front and rear parking sensors and rear camera. I have manoeuvre assist turned on in the „car” -> „setup” menu.

When I change gear to R - rear facing camera turns on, parking sensors activate and I get the beeps as I get closer to an obstacle. If I don’t brake on my own - the car applies the brakes and stops on it’s own - all good.

But then, when going forward:

Scenario A: standing still, then let go off the brake pedal. The car starts driving forward, close to an obstacle (roll of bubble wrap ;) ) the front parking sensors activate (infotainement shows overhead view of the car with all the grey-yellow-red stripes) but the „manoeuvre assist” icon on the infotainement system is orange (so it’s turned off) and the car keeps beeping but simply rides into the obstacle

Scenario B: standing still I first press the parking sensors button on the center console (near the gear selector), the sensors and rear camera activate. The I let go off the brake pedal, car starts driving forward, I get the beeps as I get closer to the obstacle, the „manoeuvre assist” icon is white (so it’s turned on) and the the car automatically stops in front of the obstacle.

It works like that every time - but why? It doesn’t make sense to me - the car is clearly capable of braking automatically when going forward but it doesn’t do it unless I manually press the parking sensors button OR tap the orange „manoeuvre assist” icon on the main screen when the parking sensors activate automatically. So when in a traffic jam the car in front of me starts going and then stops suddenly (and I don’t press the brake pedal) I will rear-end it - unless I manually press a button before… This seems wrong to me and kind of defeats the purpose of the system…

Am I missing something? Is there a setting I can change to set the „manoeuvre assist” braking to be „on” by default when the parking sensors activate automatically? Or maybe it can be coded via VCDS? 

Here is a short video to show the issue (first clip is scenario A and second clip is scenario B). I would rather prefer it to be the other way around - i.e. I would like to have to press the button / icon to „disable” the system and not to „enable” it…

Edited by ivosmo

Turns out I was in the wrong and everything is working as supposed. Still I believe it would be better if the system activated also when front parking sensors activate automatically.

So it turns out I was looking at PDF instructions manual (which I found somewhere on the Internet) and couldn't find any info regarding this matter. But today I downloaded the PDF manual from Skoda's website (by entering my VIN number first) and in this new PDF there is one additional sentence regarding the automatic emergency braking - it says it works only if parking sensor are activated by changing gear to "R" or by pressing a button on central console - just like it works in my car.

Still I believie it would be better if it also worked by default when front parking sensors activate automatically.

Anyways - "problem" resolved