Advice for new S3 owner please

Good evening

I have eventually changed to a Superb III from 2023 from a SII.

I have looked at SIII before but have not noticed some things I seem to finding out after buying it.

The SIII does not have an autodimming passenger mirror. The old SII had.....

I found out while driving in the dark and constantly being blinded.

Can the passenger autodimming mirror be retrofitted? For information I have memory mirrors, courtesy lights, side assist and area view.

Skoda has dropped the torch in the boot. Really miss this.

The side pockets in the boot have shrunk and the simply clever ideas do not seem so clever.

Skoda have dropped the glasses holder in the roof lining.

The wallet flap below the light switch is smaller and too small for my standard wallet. Or my wallet has grown.

While the new entertainment is more modern, I cannot save routes / tours anymore and I do not get TMC / traffic information.

Does the Head unit have a HDD still? Can I still  copy MP3s onto the car?

The DVD and SD access in the glove box is blanked off.

Can the rear screen washer jet in the top brake light be adjusted? Mine seems to dribbling rather than spraying?

Thanks

Auto dimming mirror retrofit is possible - I did on mine.

I had the installation routed from factory to the door module - so had to route 2 wires from door module to the mirror.

There's also offcicial Skoda retrofit - replace the whole mirror 😅

Edited by komoornik

Posted (edited)

Can you tell me what parts you needed and the part numbers please.

Does it need coding?

What year is your Superb?

I do not want to get a whole new mirror casing.

When did Skoda drop the autodimming on the left?

Edited by 26DIPP

Rear washer jet- from new mine also just drippled / small stream and wiper creaked.  
Dealer said “ normal” / did nothing  at first service!    Stupidly bought a new Skoda rear wiper for £25 ish but still squeaky and needing 5-10 seconds wash to try to wet the glass adequately. Second service, not knowing I had already bought from their parts desk and replaced it) recommended a new rear wiper blade- which I somehow managed to politely decline and explain it already had a replacement.

So after then driving a different VW group hire car with a good stream out of the rear washer, made me realise mine was definitely faulty, I took a little mini drill bit ( those things you spin and drive by hand like a little pen) and “ cleaned out / opened up” the washer jet.   Works perfectly now, one pull of the lever and it gives a nice stream that floods across the blade before it wipes.   Think it was probably about 0.8-1 mm.

suspect either the nozzle was designed badly or part blocked by plastic moulding swarf since new.

Oh, and a cheap e Bay rear wiper for about £6 totally fixed the creak.

9 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

Skoda has dropped the torch in the boot. Really miss this.

that were last year on production line "improvement", my previous 2016. Mk3 had it

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/510961-2023-280ps-lk-replaced-2016-220ps-style/?do=findComment&comment=5740237

20230303_155329_ED_25p.jpg.85ba46e17f7b5b66b98a7cb1c35488aa.jpg

20230310_MY23_Mk3.FL_ED_25p.jpg.cae23740d2ba27fceb92ac944fc16485.jpg