Badger Attack ?

Woke up this morning to this …. Badger is the only thing I can think of.

It had also been up on the bonnet and windscreen which were also pretty badly scratched as well !

p.s bird poo was overnight as well !

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8112.jpeg

Edited by Nick_H
  • Sad 2

It looks a little tame for an angry Badger. We had one in our garden how it got in I know not

but it decided to leave and dug a hole under my fence into next door. Next door was

different a half wall with a three foot panel, baffled it went for their side gate a six foot panel.

With a noise like kids on larger kicking a fence, it tore it apart it took no time and off it went

to continue its journey.

PS looking again I agree Badger seeing a rivals reflection, I had a problem with a pair of crows

they pecked the mirror till it cracked and then the rubbers around the passenger window.

• Like 1

I’m on hols on a very rural

location away from everything noticed later it had also had a go at the BMW parled

next to mine !

Ahh well I’ve been promising it a proper machine polish for a long time !

Crappy phone can’t be arsed to correct !

Crappy phone can’t be arsed to correct !

ps I feed the bloody badgers every night in our garden I’ll be having stern words ! 😆

Yes this had crossed my mind however I only spend 45 minutes doing donuts in that field which I thought was not excessive ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Yes this had crossed my mind however I only spend 45 minutes doing donuts in that field which I thought was not excessive ? 

Ah,  in that case youve probably woken the local grizzly bear out of hibernation  and its a bit angry.

• Haha 1
  • Cheeky 1

We were on a campsite, without our own loo and I had to walk the wife across the site to the loo's.

It was pitch black and we became aware of a snuffling/clicking noise and it was a Badger snuffling

along the verges after worms and beetles and chewing them up. We stopped and moved out

of its way and watched as it patrolled the verges. Following day we found a Badger latrine in

a corner of the site and the faeces were studded with wing cases and seed bits.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I actually have a video of me sat in our garden and one of the local Badgers snuffling about it came right up to me and had a sniff of my trainer it then ran off I was a little offended ….

Edited by Nick_H

I worked on the Mendips and narrowly avoided impact with a boar Badger, it ran into the road at full tilt.

I had to make up my mind whether to stay on course or alter course if it decided to turn back to

the track it had come out of. I cannot remember my choice but I missed it and had a few badger bristles 

to show for it. One thing I do remember, it was the biggest Badger I had ever seen.

I towed in a couple of other employees cars that weren't so lucky Badgers are pretty solid animals.

• Like 1

I cycled to work one in the Kent countryside one day and saw a dead badger on the grass verge, completely intact, it may not have been dead but perhaps ill or concussed, I was late and had passed it by the time I gathered my thoughts so decided to stop on the way home.

When I got to the spot I found the tractor PTO driven verge cutting machine had been along and shredded the badger :sad: it was not a pretty sight.

In Northern France returning home in the early hours of the morning from romancing my headlights picked up a badger eating roadkill in the middle of the road, I didn't know they were carnivors and this one was up to his neck in the deer carcass and so intent that he (or she) did not even move out of the way when I approached and I had to drive slowly over the verge to get around him, it was really bizarre.

The next day I told my girlfriend what had happened, she was a farmers daughter so I was very surprised that she had never heard of the animal (Blaireau) before, it must have been a rare sighting.

Much more common in the area are Raton Laveur - Raccoons, yes I too was surprised, not only a non indigenous species but one without natural predators and becoming a real problem to the native wildlife.

The population started by American Airmen stationed in the French cold war airbases (before they were kicked out!) smuggling them over as mascots, a few escaped and did what comes naturally, the rest is history.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1