GLOW PLUG HARNESS

I wonder if anyone has changed the glow plug rail harness on a 1.9tdi BSW engine. I found on mine whilst checking the resistance values that the plastic ends on two of the glow plugs had snapped off leaving just the copper connection exposed  to the top of the glow plug . All the information tells me that the correct replacement is  Glow Plug Cable Repair Set METZGER Fits SEAT Cordoba SKODA VW 00-10 6Q0971220A which comes with a long length of wire and plug attached.I don't think I need the plug as the wiring to the existing rail disappears into the main loom.So I'm wondering if I can get away with a less than half price alternative from Amazon which is the 

Jandra Car Glow Plug Rail Bridge Wiring Harness for- 1.9 TDI 038971782B which may fit and has no plug? My intention is to splice and solder the wires together and cover with heat shrink. A two wire affair I'm assuming one wire is for power and the other a sensor but I cannot find anything to confirm that.

With some trepidation I have carefully replaced the glow plugs (88k miles) using a small low vale torque wrench set to 15nm and after two months of spraying penetration fluid on top of the glow plugs. Just need to sort out the harness.

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the glow plug bridge with the Metzer one from AUTODOC. I assume the plastic just got brittle over time with engine heat and with our army tank testing roads just broke.

Found out why there are two cables the glow plugs are connected in pairs. Also had to strip back the taped loom a bit to get enough cable to pull out for connection.

I have been having trouble with cold starting in freezing conditions ie it starts but only just. I dare say what I've done with make no difference to the problem bar elimination of two suspects.

Picture of old one below showing broken ends .

P1060473reduced.jpg