Kodiaq ECU affixed label - how to understand the printed data?

Hello all,

My question is short: can someone inform me on all the data printed on the Skoda Kodiaq ECU label? Be it a number, a code, a P/N, a one/two-dimensional bar code, a date... Please instruct me on the format and the content.

I highly appreciate your help.

I have added the photos as attachments to this thread.

Little info about the photos:

1. The one with a single label is my former ECU. The car service told me it was produced in 2021, while my car is produced in 2017. The service also told me that it is of a wrong part number, as it should have the same part number as the P/N on the second ECU with the extra label.
    IMG_20231018_121322_crop_small.jpg
  2. The one with two labels was installed by the service afterwards. Yes, I noticed the same P/N on both. I also have a very detailed ODIS scan from 2021 (downloaded from DISS) that contains all the data, plus a complete car history... I just need confirmation and something that I can use with a lawyer against them. I could share all my documents with someone from here, if I could get some help and I would really appreciate this!
    44b47f55-45e4-4b3d-a367-ab0e021baa66_crop.jpg

As some of you already know, I have had an unpleasant situation in the past 6 months regarding a service in Germany (the biggest Skoda dealership in the entire Hochrein area), had to pay 3k from my pocket for their little "battery change accident" that they don`t want to admit. They lied me 3 different lies, but the last one is that the ECU with a single label is of a different part number and is not fit for my machine, it cannot be traced etc.

Now, I waited almost 4 months for Skoda Germany to respond to my support case (and they did not answer a single question I had) and the dealer completely ignores my emails and phone calls since 3 months ago. I also contacted an arbitration board but the service still doesn`t care.

I am really considering to initiate legal action against the service, but I would really need some good knowledge about the data structure on these labels.

Is there some Skoda service ("service" like "database query", not like "car service") that can identify the production date and installation/fitting date of such a computer in the car plus any other relevant information?

Thank you all for your help!

Edited by ro0ter

There is no public or dealer database to get these details.

If you give me your vin number ill find you the correct part number and also the build date of the car.

• Like 1