When/How did the Superb get wireless Android Auto?

Hi all, I'm currently looking for a use Superb iV (~20/21) and was wondering if it would have wireless Android Auto enabled. Most of the adverts say only wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone know if it can be enabled with a software update and when it was available as standard?

MIB3 started only with the support of wireless CarPlay. 

Wireless AA support was added via software update - which for older softwares might not be so easy, though doable.

I don't know which exact software version enabled the wireless AA, but for sure something newer then 0156.

This is also only in the iV model. Non-hybrid versions have mib2 or 2.5 that only supports wired connection for either phone.

I stand corrected.  I did suspect there was an update (hardware or software) that introduced the feature.

@Dieselgate do you know if your system is MIB2 or MIB3.  As far as I was aware MIB was not capable of wireless connection.

34 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

I stand corrected.  I did suspect there was an update (hardware or software) that introduced the feature.

@Dieselgate do you know if your system is MIB2 or MIB3.  As far as I was aware MIB was not capable of wireless connection.

I'm not too sure which one I have - is there any easy way of finding out?

It's Amundsen as opposed to Columbus as its an SEL.

I guess I will have to keep my AAWireless adapter for a bit!

The Skoda website itself just show wireless CarPlay. I wonder if they just don't advertise that it has wireless AA due to them not being able to guarantee compatibility with all Android phones

https://www.skoda-auto.com/models/layers/layers/superb-iv-connectivity

image.png.cc13aae4c0ab417fb7f35079f828ec08.png

My iV is a 2020. The build spec doesn't show wireless Android auto, but it does it. However, I can't say how reliable it is because I don't use it, not seeing its value to me.

On 05/04/2024 at 18:38, MarkyG82 said:

MIB2 & MIB2.5 can't do wireless. U need a wireless dongle device.

MIB3 can do wireless.

3 minutes ago, JR RS said:

MIB2 & MIB2.5 can't do wireless. U need a wireless dongle device.

MIB3 can do wireless.

Typo by me. Should have said MIB2 can't do wireless which you confirmed.

• Like 1