Trevorb33’s Superb Mk2 3.6 v6

Yes I’m wierd but this has always been one of my dream cars, just purchased from a fellow Briskodian cheers Steve.

Actually got quite emotional after the initial purchase as it was my dad who got me into Skodas in the first place and it was a car he always really wanted too but never actually got and he passed last year.  
So this will have massive sentimental value to me and I’m going to try my best keeping it tip top for years to come.
I’ve had many many Skodas and countless builds on here, I still love coming on this site and even if no one reads this I still love having a record of what I’ve done to it with either maintaining her or some little mods. 

Let’s get some specs

3.6 v6 260ps elegance spec

Self Parallel parking

sensors front and rear

Heated electric memory seats 

Cruise

Full black leather 

Kessy

Plans for the minute are a service as a little overdue. And that’s it haha nice to have a car that doesn’t really need anything straight away.

Future plans are the get the bodywork mint, it’s been up and down the motorway pretty much it’s whole life so stone chipped all on front.

planning to get front bumper and bonnet sprayed and a little spec of rust on front sill sorted in a few months then in for detailing/ceramic coating.

Some pics

IMG_4995.jpeg

IMG_4996.jpeg

IMG_4997.jpeg

IMG_4998.jpeg

IMG_4999.jpeg

• Like 4

Already converted the boot to manual from its powered struts as they weren’t working, kindly supplied the kit to do so from previous owner. 
Might try and get it working again in the future but I’ll see how much it bothers me

powered strut

IMG_5001.thumb.jpeg.49c1a562a32ad60824490ee7a1346fd3.jpeg

Manual with wiring grommet blanks 

IMG_5002.thumb.jpeg.170d110a6dcfbfc55f8f14fe7d18da75.jpegIMG_5008.thumb.jpeg.a5de3db65796c0cd98b22ad4d09d292d.jpeg

• Like 3

Cool very nice car Trev.

Are you going to return the wheels to Silver?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdk1 said:

Cool very nice car Trev.

Are you going to return the wheels to Silver?

Yes as I love the factory elegance ones and ideally like it looking 100% oem externally, these are still winter wheels. The previous owner has also supplied them with the car and they have been power coated silver just need some tyres when I get some space and time.

• Like 1

So you did get this car in the end. Nice one Trev, join the S2 family. 
Do you have the boot gadgets that sit in the side tracks ie 2 of those strappy things and 4 tethering blocks. Sorry for the terminology no idea what they call them. I had to buy my own boot split bar as mine never came with one, I see you have that in situ. The boot is so large stuff just ends up all over the place, without those straps for the odd bag I hang off the side hook. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gav_is_con said:

So you did get this car in the end. Nice one Trev, join the S2 family. 
Do you have the boot gadgets that sit in the side tracks ie 2 of those strappy things and 4 tethering blocks. Sorry for the terminology no idea what they call them. I had to buy my own boot split bar as mine never came with one, I see you have that in situ. The boot is so large stuff just ends up all over the place, without those straps for the odd bag I hang off the side hook. 

Yep he had that in the side pocket too very handy little bits to have, also got a net too :) 

• Like 1

I know the electric struts are off. Do you have that annoying bleep when you press the open button from inside?

Martin @Gizmo disabled mine, added close from internal button and enabled MPH large display, plus  extend the headlight wash interval at Cosford many years back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gav_is_con said:

I know the electric struts are off. Do you have that annoying bleep when you press the open button from inside?

Martin @Gizmo disabled mine, added close from internal button and enabled MPH large display, plus  extend the headlight wash interval at Cosford many years back. 

Yes still have the beep for the minute, I did see options to untick electric boot so I’ll have another play at some paint when I get some time, currently parked up untill the Octavia sells then I can swap insurance over 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2024 at 07:24, TrevorB33 said:

Boat in front of a train 😂

IMG_5055.jpeg

Oh, I've stayed there when I used to live in the UK. Bit warmer where I am now.

Have a Mk2 myself waiting for some work to be done. Hope I can get it to looking just a nice as yours.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 08:11, Newton_Durham said:

Oh, I've stayed there when I used to live in the UK. Bit warmer where I am now.

Have a Mk2 myself waiting for some work to be done. Hope I can get it to looking just a nice as yours.

Cheers it shall be looking even better later in the year when I get the bonnet/front bumper sprayed :)