MkII Kodiaq Order Book Opens

Thanks...   I'll take a look but it'll be a few years yet before I can look at them properly second hand...

• Like 1

Any idea when the full spec brochure is released?

• Like 1

Ouch!!!   That base price is double what I paid for a low mileage one...   I'll definitely need to wait a few years... 

Few people buy the SE so their 'from' pricing pretty much irrelevant.  Moving to the 1.5 SE-L,  that's now in luxury VED band 🤪

I guestimated the basic SportLine would probably be around the £45k mark with the new SportLine PHEV coming in north of £50k.  I think those guesses might be accurate when the Sportline is available to order later in the year.

At that sort of money it's going to suffer from eyewatering depreciation. Yet more evidence of Skoda loosing it's mojo. If I'm to suffer that sort of depreciation and pay an extra £400 a year in tax for the privelage of driving a +£40k car, I ain't going to be driving one with a Skoda badge on it  :D  

Hmmm...   Even a Kia Sorrento starts at £45k and a Hyundai Santa Fe at £47k... 

Looks like I may be downsizing or looking for another cheaper brand...  I wonder what the big Dacia Bigster will start at?  My guess is about £8k less than the base Kodiaq... 

Edited by skomaz

18 hours ago, skomaz said:

Hmmm...   Even a Kia Sorrento starts at £45k and a Hyundai Santa Fe at £47k... 

Looks like I may be downsizing or looking for another cheaper brand...  I wonder what the big Dacia Bigster will start at?  My guess is about £8k less than the base Kodiaq... 

I’m actually seriously considering the not-so-Mini Countryman to replace my bear next year… the new version is getting rave reviews, is considerably bigger than it used to be (still more Karoq sized than Kodiaq, though). As long as the dog crate fits, it could be a serious contender, especially given it’s considerably cheaper. Also, still really not convinced by the looks of the Mk2 Kodiaq… it’s a bit fugly IMHO.

• Like 1

Be sure to take a good long roadtest in a MINI Countryman.  I had one out for 100 miles.  Right hand drive.   On my MINI electric I do not use the heads up display, I do not like and there is a display on front of me.     The Countryman was no use to me with centre display / screen.  I am right handed and the Touch screen on the Country man and controls are the reason I will not get the new MINI Cooper  electric if by 2 years time they do not change how they are coming out at launch.   The fabric dash is no use to me, in MINI or MINI Countryman,  stour and splashes.      The Countryman is a good size.     PS.  The ACEMAN will be a suitable size for me. 

Edited by Rooted

On 08/04/2024 at 18:51, DavidY said:

There's something on the Skoda website too (probably where Autocar got it from):
https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/uk-specification-and-pricing-confirmed-for-all-new-skoda-kodiaq

As said above… Ouch! I guess I am lucky in a way, as it would be on Motability so it’s only the up front cost that might tip the balance.

However, I have specific needs regarding mobility equipment etc. 

I will have to have a test drive and see if it all fits first, but having had Skodas for the last 18 yrs without any mechanical issues, I am reluctant to change brand. 

• Like 1

The Advance Payment currently with a Kodiaq from Motability is not that good.

Skoda an others want people leasing BEV,s and Motability buying and first registering those. 

If they have run out models to clear they might be 'Much Cheapness' while stock lasts.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 11.08.14.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 11.09.50.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rooted said:

The Advance Payment currently with a Kodiaq from Motability is not that good.

Skoda an others want people leasing BEV,s and Motability buying and first registering those. 

If they have run out models to clear they might be 'Much Cheapness' while stock lasts.

Never quite understand how motability is allowed as a charity to offer cars that fall into the luxury (over £40,000) tax band.  Something seriously wrong with our tax rules if ordinary people are expected to give tax breaks to luxuries.   Rant over.

Disabled people are ordinary people as well and tax payers, just like business drivers with the help they get with BIK, and businesses with VAT back on public charging costs. 

It can cost a lot in Advance Payment to get cheap cars that might lose lots of money.

They offer Dacia but really do not want anyone leasing them.  

They even encourage top spec often as the Manufacturer might want them shifted and Motability would rather have them for sale in 3 or 5 years. 

It can be a family car as well as the transport for the disabled person and there were exclusion to the £26,000 limit. 

So that £26,000 limit applied a few years back never lasted even a year as far as i remember.  Many need expensive conversions and to keep the car 5 years.

Motability is a charity but the organisation running the vehicle purchase and sales have lots of high paid executives and the 5 big banks holding the billions of funds.

They buy and sell the cars and are the biggest individual buyer of cars in the UK and as such have an idea about residuals when the cars go to BCA to be sold.

There are lots of Used Vehicles back into the dealerships used at 3 years.

FMDSH, 1 registered keeper.  Never raced or rallied.  Well not officially.

Motability get special purchase prices, and do not pay the registration fee.  (Adaptions free of VAT.)

The UK Manufacturers will very much use Motability to help them with First Registrations of the percentage of Zero Emission cars they are required to have each year from now on.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 08.04.39.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 08.07.25.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 08.29.19.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 08.30.05.png

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 2

Nicely put Rooted.

A few points to add to your comments…

I usually keep my cars for 5 years as they have hand  controls fitted, which are expensive.

Motability will not allow them to be transferred to a new vehicle, even of the same model. 
Everyone is entitled to drive the car they choose. Just because you have disability why should it be any different?
Yes, the advance payment can be expensive, but if I NEED a bigger “ luxury” car, then I am prepared to cough up.

If I choose extras to make my life easier the I have to pay for them as well. Heated screen as I can’t reach far enough to scrape it.

Adaptive cruise control too. If you’ve ever tried to drive long distances using hand controls then you’ll understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People might not know that at the new rate that is £75.75 a week.   PIP Higher rate mobility allowance.

So 52 x 5 years 260 weeks, x £75.75 (it goes up year by year and you pay all over.) 

That is £19,695 plus the advance payment on the Kodiak. £3,599.  

or 3 Years. 156 x £75.75 = £11,817 + £3.599 + £15,416 paid.    £428 a month minimum.   

That is a new car, insurance & maintenance and the VED is exempt. 

Edited by Rooted

7 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Never quite understand how motability is allowed as a charity to offer cars that fall into the luxury (over £40,000) tax band.  Something seriously wrong with our tax rules if ordinary people are expected to give tax breaks to luxuries.   Rant over.

Ordinary people 😲     

You weren't guest speaker at yesterdays National Conservatism Conference in Brussels by any chance?