Caliper rebuild piston size

Brakes are wearing uneven and I’m going to rebuild the caliper but I’m struggling to find the piston size so I can order the correct kit. Anyone know?

MK2 VRS 312mm discs. 

Have you checked maybe on the ECP website for re-manufactured Pagid front callipers - I'm sure that the piston size is quoted there, I used that and other sites to establish the rear and front calliper piston sizes for my wife's 2015 VW Polo, and at least for the rear callipers, the information was correct.

Or, using the ebay shop for Bigg Red,send them a message, I did that as the listing looked a bit vague to me for the front Lucas/TRW callipers - they were listed as FN3 54 somewhere else, the 54 being the piston diameter, though maybe your front callipers are ATE/Teves.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Measure it.

Sort of being lazy/sensible and not wanting to get everything out, jacking it up and all that. 

• Like 1

I get laziness but nobody can be 100% sure what caliper is fitted to your vehicle and what the piston size is, you dont want to order the wrong parts.

Alternatively ask Eurocraparts and whichever size they say buy the other one 🤣

Bigg Red or Frentech will get the parts to you quicker than autodoc, and maybe if you are a minimalist/gambler, a couple of kits with just the score seal and dust cover could be all you need.

Edit:- changed/corrected a word! (deleted "parts" and added "get" really to make sense!)

Edited by rum4mo