help Skoda Fabia

''Good afternoon, a family member has a 2009 Skoda Fabia Greenline, the rear parking sensors stopped working, the beep is ok! I was looking for the Sensor Module next to the driver's seat belt, there is only the Beep Sound from the sensors, but after assembling the plastics next to the belt the Airbag light is always on, I would like your help with these two problems Thanks''

Not sure I follow where you are looking for what.

”if” you have disconnected ANY of the seatbelt connections on the buckle then it is likely you have a latched airbag / SRS light and that will need a plug in to a diagnostic tool to reset / clear

• Like 1

On 14/04/2024 at 21:16, paraquedista said:

, there is only the Beep Sound from the sensors, but after assembling the plastics next to the belt the Airbag light is always on, I would like your help with these two problems Thanks''

As @UrbanPanzer says above, with the note that this means a diagnostic tool capable of changing settings such as OBD II or VCDS.

• Like 1

Going forward, when helping on any car that has SRS stuff, like airbags, is to always disconnect the battery before working on these systems, for your own safety and to avoid the system logging a fault.

The way to sort this out has been given to you already.

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for your help, I hope to resolve it, now you know where the rear sensor system mode is located, it doesn't work, you only hear a reversing beep, as it has a rear tow plug, did the previous owner disconnect the sensors?

Luckily for me, I don't (yet) know where the parking sensor controller is on a Fabia, my wife has a 2015 Polo, but its SEL so came with front and rear sensors, I did retro fit front sensors to my car as it came with only rear sensors.

Sensor cable form, across the rear bumper, has a supply +12V which goes to each sensor, a supply -ve which goes to each sensor and an O/P from each sensor, so if that wiring is damaged then the system will flag up a fail condition, as well as logging which sensor or what function in a sensor is causing the problem. So, that means that the +12V and the -ve lines are daisy chained along the bumper, and if moisture gets into any of the "nodes" then that might be the issue.

As you suggest, maybe the rear sensors had been disabled as running with a trailer with sensors action would be a pain if nothing else was done to auto disable them.

So, getting a wiring schedule of the bumper cable form and "looking back into" that cable form using a DMM might give you a clue, though removing the sensors and checking the sensor cabling sensor to sensor would also help.

A quick check with a suitable VAG specific scan tool would be first thing that I'd do, saves taking trims apart etc.

Edit:- going on how Audi wired thigs up on my S4, at the individual sensors plugs, pin 1 is +12V,  pin 2 is O/P,  pin 3 is -VE(earth).  at the controller connector end pin 1 is -VE(earth), pin 2 +12V, pin 5 is left outer O.P, pin 6 left inner O/P, pin 7 right inner O/P, pin 8 right outer O/P.

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

Once again, the Radio of the Skoda Dance when I put the car into gear, the car appears on the display but it goes just below, I tested sensors, these send a signal to the device (Module) which I don't know where it is, or are they sensors directly to the Radio?

I've edited my previous posting, typically the cable form from the bumper(s) goes directly to a parking sensor controller - and that feeds info to the infotainment system.

So, sorry I don't know where the parking controller is located, though I "think" that it is maybe up at the dashboard area, though on my S4 it was in the rear of the car.

I've just looked on the Fabia parts listing and it claims that the parking sensor controller is located on the rear LHS maybe even just in front of the rear wheel arch, that is going by the location picture.

• Like 1

So, have you found and are following a cable from that comes in from the rear bumper?

Edit:- "from" not "form" - get it right!

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

Reopening the topic to describe the symptoms of parking sensors, when I put the car in reverse you hear a beep on the radio, you see the car and then it disappears, sensors don't work, could it be the speaker

Just guessing, probably not the speaker, I'm guessing that when the system is getting enabled, it performs a self test - fails that test and so shuts down until next wakened up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paraquedista said:

Reopening the topic to describe the symptoms of parking sensors, when I put the car in reverse you hear a beep on the radio, you see the car and then it disappears, sensors don't work, could it be the speaker

I have a similar problem. I believe it to be one or more faulty or open circuit sensors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paraquedista said:

no sensors, I can't find where the system module is, I've already removed all the shields in the trunk but nothing, I think it's under the dashboard on the driver's side

Have you had the sensors checked and verified? The parking aid control unit is located behind the right-hand rear trim panel in the luggage compartment. Unless you have a third party unit fitted and not a Skoda OEM unit, then it could be anywhere.

Parking sensors.jpg

• Like 1

Thinkdiag pro output screenshot.  Park assist will not engage and from the odb dtcs it looks like a park assist speaker has failed.  Cheap swap out of I can find it.  Any ideas where it is located. 

Screenshot_20240427-114028.png

• Like 1

I think there is something getting lost in translation.  I'm trying to locate the rear speaker on my fabia mk2.  It has failed and I need to replace it.  But I don't know where it is located. It's a 2012 fabia estate