Anyone any good with Apple CarPlay???

Ok so I have a question regarding Apple CarPlay that I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere online.

We have two cars with CarPlay - Our 2019 Fabia (CarPlay via cable) and our 2022 Octavia vRS (CarPlay via wireless). The issue I have found is that when I connect my phone to the Fabia via the cable I get more apps showing than I do when connecting my phone to the Octy wirelessly (24 apps on the Fabia and 21 apps on the Octy).  This is both on the HU screens in the cars and also when looking at the CarPlay settings for each car on the phone.

Does anyone know why I'm not getting the same apps showing for both cars on the same phone?  I would have thought if one was going to have fewer apps showing it might have been the Fabia with it being an older and lower in the range HU?   Or is it as simple as Wireless CarPlay gives less compatibility of apps compared to wired CarPlay?

Edited by WaveyDavey

Have you checked in the carplay setting in your phone,  that's where you select what apps you want available.  There should be settings for each car.

12 minutes ago, Neily03 said:

Have you checked in the carplay setting in your phone,  that's where you select what apps you want available.  There should be settings for each car.

Yep like I say it shows 3 less apps both on the HU screen in the Octy and in the CarPlay settings section for the Octy CarPlay connection on my phone.

Have you tried connecting with a cable in the Octavia?

What the car displays within CarPlay is determined by the software in the car infotainment system. It could be that some of the apps are no longer permitted (perhaps something like YouTube video) hence the Octavia doesn't show them whereas the older Fabia does.

If all else fails, try posting on the Apple support community pages - https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

You'll probably need to sign in with your Apple ID.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

Have you tried connecting with a cable in the Octavia?

What the car displays within CarPlay is determined by the software in the car infotainment system. It could be that some of the apps are no longer permitted (perhaps something like YouTube video) hence the Octavia doesn't show them whereas the older Fabia does.

If all else fails, try posting on the Apple support community pages - https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

You'll probably need to sign in with your Apple ID.

No I’ve not tried connecting via cable in the Octy as it just connected/connects wirelessly each time I get in the car. 

I’ve a feeling I’m going to have to set up up as new to get it to connect via the cable though. 

The apps in question are the two versions of the My Skoda app and the On The Way weather app

You could just temporarily disable WiFi on the car or your phone.  You should then be able to connect via a USB cable.

• Like 1

I'll switch bluetooth and wifi off on the phone and connect it via the cable to see if it makes any difference.