Clutch and flywheel failure. 2.0tdi cffb

Hi. 

Could anyone tell me what clutch kit and dmf is fitted genuinely by Skoda? I’ve replaced 2 sets of dmf’s already. They last about 20k miles. Both sets were made by Sachs. I start considering swap to solid wheel, as replacing dmf every 2-3 years is quite expensive. 
Where is best place to get dmf and clutch parts? Euro car parts? Gsf? Or direct from Skoda?

Thanks. 

Whatever supplier they did the best deal with that month, likely to be Luk or Sachs.

Please describe what you perceive to be the DMF failure and whether the vehicle has been remapped.

That's an unusually short time for it to fail. Was the installation done correctly ?

You do not want a single mass flywheel. The engine was designed specifically to use a DMF and components have been lightened as a result. A snapped crankshaft is not something you want to deal with.

Car never been remapped. It has stock 140bhp. 

I’ve rattling noises from gearbox side, especially when I join the traffic and have to release clutch pedal on 1st gear it creates rattling noises and banging. Vibrations are all over the car bodywork.

I’ve installed 2 sets of Sachs 2290601145 which been installed correctly. I’ve spoken with Skoda and they can provide DMF and clutch kit for about £1000 which is well above the market price. 

2 hours ago, K-G said:

I’ve rattling noises from gearbox side, especially when I join the traffic and have to release clutch pedal on 1st gear it creates rattling noises and banging. Vibrations are all over the car bodywork.

Could this be an engine/gearbox mount issue rather that DMF?

Typically (er not always) DMF failure shows initially at tickover in neutral with clutch pedal released and quietens when clutch pedal depressed and / or revs are raised - unless DMF really really bad.

I think the original clutch gubbins fitted to the 2.0 diesel was Sachs - there were many reports back in the day of the Sachs pressure plate failing and machining through the gearbox case - all long gone these days I suspect:- 

Edited by bigjohn