Approved Used SE First Edition : Problems

21 minutes ago, sam8520 said:

.... and then fix all the issues....

That'll do, won't it?  Provided that's the outcome, and you've got it in writing.

Bloody palaver, but reasonable if it makes things all good.

Gaz

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

That'll do, won't it?  Provided that's the outcome, and you've got it in writing.

Bloody palaver, but reasonable if it makes things all good.

Gaz

Something about the entire thing rubs me the wrong way. They had their service, inspections and MOT done and all of that skipped through everything listed.

On the other end, he (sales manager) has called me multiple times and is adamant I should give them one chance to fix everything listed and return the car with a full fuel tank with a free courtesy car for the duration. If it still doesn't sit well with me, I can reject it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sam8520 said:

Something about the entire thing rubs me the wrong way. They had their service, inspections and MOT done and all of that skipped through everything listed.

On the other end, he (sales manager) has called me multiple times and is adamant I should give them one chance to fix everything listed and return the car with a full fuel tank with a free courtesy car for the duration. If it still doesn't sit well with me, I can reject it. 

As long as you have the full 30 days to reject it from the point of them delivering the fixed car to you it certainly sounds not a bad prospect.  Just get a full paperwork trail of work done and the actual parts used.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spcdust said:

As long as you have the full 30 days to reject it from the point of them delivering the fixed car to you it certainly sounds not a bad prospect.  Just get a full paperwork trail of work done and the actual parts used.

I’m thinking of giving them a chance and also asking them to throw in the rear console replacement. If they agree, all well and good. I love the brand, it’s just a shame how everything has been with mk4, never heard of so many issues with a Škoda before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sam8520 said:

I’m thinking of giving them a chance and also asking them to throw in the rear console replacement. If they agree, all well and good. I love the brand, it’s just a shame how everything has been with mk4, never heard of so many issues with a Škoda before. 

Theoretically, once the works are completed, you have a really decent car that shouldn't present any unexpected surprises for a while and still have the option to reject it if you aren't happy.  What's the rear console replacement you refer to (possibly missed this in the discussion)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spcdust said:

Theoretically, once the works are completed, you have a really decent car that shouldn't present any unexpected surprises for a while and still have the option to reject it if you aren't happy.  What's the rear console replacement you refer to (possibly missed this in the discussion)

True, it is a joy to drive and suspension is very comfortable as well. 
The plastic bits surrounding the rear AC vents, they’re scuffed heavily, I had ignored it citing cosmetic issues (amounting to 300£ incl labour), but I can ask them to replace it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sam8520 said:

True, it is a joy to drive and suspension is very comfortable as well. 
The plastic bits surrounding the rear AC vents, they’re scuffed heavily, I had ignored it citing cosmetic issues (amounting to 300£ incl labour), but I can ask them to replace it. 

Reasonable request as a gesture of goodwill.  Did you pay to get a full breakdown of the cars history.  Something I always do when buying a car.  Last time I used:

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk

You might get a red flag that actually isn’t, sometimes outstanding finance comes up but it’s actually the finance the dealership has on their stock - think it’s called “Unit Stocking” 

My first Skoda was a Mk1 Superb V6TDI.  It was advertised as having a FSSH, but the paper trail showed a missing cam belts change.  I nearly rejected it, but they took the car back and had the belts done.  I'm very glad I didn't follow the rejection through because it turned out to be a brilliant car 😎

I wouldn't agree to the rear vent surround if I was the garage - just sayin'.  It's not part of the concerns you raised.

Gaz

3 minutes ago, spcdust said:

Reasonable request as a gesture of goodwill.  Did you pay to get a full breakdown of the cars history.  Something I always do when buying a car.  Last time I used:

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk

You might get a red flag that actually isn’t, sometimes outstanding finance comes up but it’s actually the finance the dealership has on their stock - think it’s called “Unit Stocking” 

They havent said yes nor a no. But they will have a look at the plastic bits.

I did get a check through carmoola and autotrader which they advertise as free when you get a budget from them. Do you think it is worth buying now? 

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My first Skoda was a Mk1 Superb V6TDI.  It was advertised as having a FSSH, but the paper trail showed a missing cam belts change.  I nearly rejected it, but they took the car back and had the belts done.  I'm very glad I didn't follow the rejection through because it turned out to be a brilliant car 😎

I wouldn't agree to the rear vent surround if I was the garage - just sayin'.  It's not part of the concerns you raised.

Gaz

Must be a rocker to drive, has loads of torque. Glad you had a great experience, I would be hopeful of something like that too. 

They have said they will look at it once it comes in, will see if they do. 

• Like 1

Paying for a check is totally up to you.  The paid ones often give a deeper dive and can sometimes tell you if the car was ever registered as a Taxi, mileage history, and instances of Cat Z.  If you pay for a check and everything comes back good then I guess you may think it a waste of money but if you got some massive red flag then it's the best £20 you've spent.  At this stage possibly it's overkill and a combination of using several free check services will suffice?

Edited by spcdust

2 hours ago, spcdust said:

Paying for a check is totally up to you.  The paid ones often give a deeper dive and can sometimes tell you if the car was ever registered as a Taxi, mileage history, and instances of Cat Z.  If you pay for a check and everything comes back good then I guess you may think it a waste of money but if you got some massive red flag then it's the best £20 you've spent.  At this stage possibly it's overkill and a combination of using several free check services will suffice?

Yes given the overall checks have been fine, I’ll stay put. My guess is, this is ex-management, hence the ignorance. But for now I’ve requested a written acknowledgment of my email detailing what they have to do. 

IMG_5405.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spcdust said:

Nowadays getting a full tank of fuel from a dealer is a win 🤣🤣

Surely is. 😂