OBDeleven rear brakes

Hi there

Need to change rear brakes, but it says connent a battery charger, I have one but not a stop&start Capable, Question is would it be OK to use for a little bit to do the job or is it OK the turn on Ignition set open brakes then turn off ignition? Without the charger.

It's OK to turn the ignition off, the car remembers that the park brake is open and needs to be reset. You'll get a warning when you switch back on. Don't reset the park brake until the brakes are fully reassembled.

Yep procedure will tell you to connect battery charger but no need. I’ve done. Mine many times without. 
Mond eleven will have some instructions, just follow those. Once the brakes are open you can turn off ignition then back on and reset brakes when all fitted back up. There will be a warning for a bit but if you do a full scan after brakes are all reset and closed it’ll clear any codes 

21 hours ago, 35North said:

Hi there

Need to change rear brakes, but it says connent a battery charger, I have one but not a stop&start Capable, Question is would it be OK to use for a little bit to do the job or is it OK the turn on Ignition set open brakes then turn off ignition? Without the charger.

When it says battery charger it’s looking for one that can output 50A+ (workshop level one that are silly money), your charger won’t be able to output anywhere near most likely so I just wouldn’t bother for the short amount of time. Just make sure your battery is well charged before beginning the work :)