Posted (edited)

After SOOO MUCH TIME and suffering my personal goal has been met.
Say HELLO to my FIVA Youngtimer Certifed Felicia SportLine
image.thumb.jpeg.6b4e4b96ddd92c53f72189666291c9a2.jpeg

Hard work and dedication to a project always pays off.

Edited by Thefeliciahacker
  • Like 4

Well done on getting the car to its age.

As for coming back, great to see you.

• Thanks 1

Impossible, they will reject me from the first second.

My Felicia is modified in many sectors, it's not in "original shape".

Posted (edited)

They accept many thingsimage.thumb.png.7b9c0ea25ddcab67979b869ca0e46256.png

The only thing you should keep in mind is the benefits of such certification as long as you comply with certain rules, with the introduction of the new Motor Vehicle Act you would thank me If you managed to get it in time, just food for thought 
First 2 categories have acceptance ration of 100%
3rd 80%
4th 60%
5th 30%

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

Posted (edited)

I thought I saw you are not supposed to use the vehicle daily - which to me is absolutely stupid as it means others don't see historic vehicles everyday, in proper use as they were designed for and used back in their day, rather than occasionally driven in a way unlike when they were used regularly, and highly polished and presented in a way you would rarely have seen them back in their day.   It's not real history it's unrealistic history.

But as always each to their own.

Edited by nta16

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Yes that pretty much as a base thought 💭 but think what comes in insurance companies after such a policy is passed. 

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

I thought I saw you are not supposed to use the vehicle daily

They say they have to be used leisurely. 

My felly given in drives around 1500-2000km a year is considered a leisure vehicle. 

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

1500-2000km a year is considered a leisure vehicle. 

I can't do that, i use it 5-6 days per week plus 2-3 small trips for vacations.

16 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I can't do that, i use it 5-6 days per week plus 2-3 small trips for vacations.

Do it nontheless

So now the history of your car is erased, you get new lisence plates, no MOT test and annual tax paying BUT:

Άρα, μπορούν να κυκλοφορήσουν ελεύθερα τα ιστορικά τους οχήματα τις Κυριακές (εντός νομού και σε όμορους νομούς), ενώ σε περίπτωση εκδήλωσης κάποιας λέσχης, έχουν τη δυνατότητα να τα κυκλοφορήσουν από 2 μέρες πριν έως και 1 μέρα μετά. Τέλος, η κίνηση τις καθημερινές επιτρέπεται μόνο σε εργάσιμες μέρες και ώρες και μόνο για επίσκεψη σε συνεργείο, φανοποιείο ή κάποιο μηχανικό με την ύπαρξη αντίστοιχου αποδεικτικού στοιχείου.

So, they can circulate their historic vehicles freely on Sundays (within the prefecture and in neighboring prefectures), while in case of a club event, they have the possibility to circulate them from 2 days before until 1 day after.  

Finally, movement on weekdays is only allowed on working days and hours and only for visiting a workshop, body shop or a mechanic with the existence of a corresponding proof.

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

So now the history of your car is erased, you get new lisence plates, no MOT test and annual tax paying BUT:

No I have youngtimer certification document, vehicle of potential historic interest.

I am not tax-exempt, I just have favorable insurance policies

57 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

I just have favorable insurance policies

Insurance fee per 6 months or per year now is?

6 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

They say they have to be used leisurely. 

My felly given in drives around 1500-2000km a year is considered a leisure vehicle. 

Yes much to my dislike (but as I always put each to their own) you are a typical young/old timer type owner but I was thinking of D.FYLAKTOS who doesn't drive the car like it's some museum relic and actually knows how his car could and should go because he drives it regularly - a "go" car rather than a "show" car.  I was around old-farts that owned and barely drove "classic" cars for over 30 years and know about owning, maintaining and actually driving such cars.  I know about the UK insurance and legal restrictions which are no where near as restrictive as the old-farts think they are or make out they are.  The UK is full of many, many "classic" car clubs and owners and has laws specially for "historic" ("classic") vehicles and has done for decades.

It's your car so you enjoy it the way you want to, others of us prefer to drive the cars as intended rather than just parade them.  I have driven my cars at shows in the UK and tours and parades in Europe but not sunny Sunday afternoon type driving even on sunny Sunday afternoons (doesn't mean I drove fast but not dragging-arse slow as some old-farts do).

1,250 miles isn't enough to keep the car running well unless it's constantly pampered. more of a static exhibition than real car IMO  Some enjoy the tinkering with the car rather than actually driving it, it takes all sorts to make a world.

8 hours ago, nta16 said:

1,250 miles isn't enough to keep the car running well unless it's constantly pampered

Only if you have private parking lot, otherwise left in the street for many months problems will show up soon or later.

First of all battery, then dust, tyres, plastics, discolouration etc.

I believe the car must travel at least 30' each time so the battery will charged a bit, the oil-coolant will get heat, the engine will get warm, the radiator fan will work, the tyres will expand etc.

Also never fully exercising the car by very restrictive revs and speeds, which is probably best on many very shiny but mechanically poor (not the case with thefeliciahacker) "classic" cars we have very occasionally on the UK roads for the reasons I gave before and (unmodified) cars over 40 years old do not require an annual MoT.

Just one example, period (27 years old) tyres, plenty of tread.

about27yearsold.jpg.c7b99982fbf29571a47af3cfa45d19d6.jpg

Posted with the permission of the car owner R G Everitt (as education to other "classic" car owners).

RGEveritt.jpg.11548683357cc3b1dc78510991b56a1e.jpg

13 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Where you put that sticker?

Prominent place front windscreen

13 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Except insurance discound are there any other benefits?

More than anything the valuation.

6 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

How much less is the fee compared to the old with the new FIVA registration?

I dont know as I havent renewed I just mean how much your vehicle is worth

In the UK you can get "agreed valuation" between policy holder and insurer but exactly what the "agreed valuation" is and means can vary between insurance providers so this needs to be checked and understood by the car owner before taking the contract with the insurance provider so as the car owner doesn't get less than he thought he would (by making assumptions instead of reading the contract).